Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Tonight's dinner

pointingdogsrule

Butter in the fry pan, onions, mushrooms, red peppers & banana peppers from the garden & antelope. The last bunch of brocolli from the garden. Mashed potatoes with butter & sour cream. If your mouth isn't salivating then call 911 because you're dead.

good luck to all
the dog

Sure beats the Sh!* outta a can of Cambell's !!!!!! I won't be able to even get into the field for another 6 weeks.....

Ha, you need all that extra stuff in tha pan to cover up the taste of the lope...lol

Actually this is the first time I have had antelope (3 times this week) and I really love the taste. A lot of people say it tastes like sage, however, I can not taste the sage. Maybe I got the "good tasting one".

good luck to all
the dog

Your making me wish I would of gotten a tag this year.The least you could of done was drop me off a couple of steaks on your way across the state.

Antelope meat is great. Hard to take care of, because they have 7 glands on their body that can come in contact with your hands will field dressing. If you touch these and continue to spread it around you have nasty tasting lope.

The first thing you do after killing your buck is to hold his head up for pictures. That's the worst thing as the black area under his ears are the worst of the glands. It's a buck lopes calling card. He rubs those glands all over the place. If you do this field dress with gloves afterwards.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back