What’s on tap for dinner this Christmas Eve?

I am the primary cook around our place. I am fairly skilled at it and the spouse is ...er um.....a good BAKER.....we'll leave it at that. Both of our family's are very German (I am a Born and she is a Schlicht) so since the kids were little we have made it a tradition for me to cook German food on Christmas Eve. The last several years that has evolved further into a menu of Jaeger Schnitzel, scratch made spaetzle and rotkohl. This year it will be accompanied by some Viking's Blot mead from Denmark.

Tomorrow I will fire up the Traeger and smoke/roast a rib roast to be accompanied with baked potatoes and sweet corn. Appetizers will be homemade queso/chips and a port wine cheese ball.

I really enjoy cooking, especially for my kids.

I'll try for pics later.....

BTW, have a cheerful eve and beware of Krampus!!!!!
Here are the pics.....

Attachments

• 20211224_192258.jpg
    20211224_192258.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 7
  • 20211224_192018.jpg
    20211224_192018.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
  • 20211224_190959.jpg
    20211224_190959.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
My wife and her mother usually make homemade lasagna, homemade noodle and all, on Christmas. This year, they decided to make homemade lobster ravioli. Only, MIL has head cold and wasn’t up for cooking all day, so wife made l'aragosta arrabiata for the two of us. So good.

Best Italian food in MT is at my house, week in week out.

Here are the pics.....
I make a beef Rouladen every Christmas eve> sliced beef marinated in tomato juice> roll up some chopped onion, spicy brown mustard, thin slice of dill pickle& slice of bacon. > Brown then bake in beef broth and burgundy wine for two hours.

Do you use one of those hand crank spaetzle makers to make your spaetzle? I inherited my Slovakian grandmother’s hand cranked spaetzle maker and have used it a few times but need to bust it out more often to make her homemade haluski recipe.
I have the poor man set up.......looks like a very coarse cheese grater with a hopper on rails on top of it. I lust after an OG crank......'22 may be the year for me to bite the bullet and buy a good one.

Im coming to you guys next year for Christmas holidays!! Just a single guy so won't bring other guests. Man, there were some awesome feasts I saw. I drooled all over my lap.
Schmitty

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back