What’s on tap for dinner this Christmas Eve?

I want BHR's and Gellar's seafood lasagna recipe myslef!!

As for the Whiskey Butter if anyone is interested:

2 sticks unsalted butter
2 shallots, soaked overnight in whiskey (Locally sourced spirits lol)
3 teaspoons minced parsley
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire
4 teaspoons whiskey (I use what’s left from the shallot soak)
+ 1 shot for myself (optional?...no, not really)
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Ground white pepper to taste

Combine butter, shallot, parsley, mustard, Worcestershire, whiskey, salt, and white pepper.
Mix well and drop butter in spoonfuls onto waxed paper.
Roll in plastic and smooth out to form a round log.
Refrigerate until hard and easy to cut, at least 3 hours.
Stores in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, or freeze for up to 3 months.

View attachment 206473
I think you missed step 1. Over a glass of ice pour yourself a drink.

Lunch for our clan...ribs in the Pit Boss warming @180. Baked beans in the oven...a stack of pies and a killer Carrot cake...bunch of other stuff. And we'll send it all home with em...
Grandkids loot all...
That looks great as always! Pickled carrots/jalapeños? Also what’s in the plastic topped container far left with the lettuce garnish?
Almost forgot! Merry Christmas to you and yours bud!

TV dinner I think. Make some chocolate chip cookies. Cooking for myself is always a challenge.

Last edited:
Not sure exactly what’s on the menu tonight but I’m sure some Hors d’oeuvres of cheese, crackers and elk summer sausage, tamales, lots of Christmas cookies and desserts, plenty of beers and drinks also.
Tomorrow morning a Christmas brunch with family that will probably fill everyone for the rest of the day especially with all the mimosas! Prime rib at some point at family’s house also.
Merry Christmas to everyone!

Here is the seafood lasagna recipe my wife roughly follows. I’m sure she changes some things, if you don’t have halibut substitute any firm white fish.
Summer Seafood Lasagna
Ingredients
Alaskan Summer Ale Recipes
Seafood
  • · 8 tbsp. salted butter
  • · 16oz. halibut
  • · 3 cloves garlic
  • · 2/3 cup white flour
  • · 1 tsp. ground Thyme
  • · 1 tsp. salt
  • · 1 cup chicken broth
  • · 1 cup Alaskan Summer Ale
  • · 2 cups whole milk
  • · 8oz. lasagna noodles, cooked
  • · 1 box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
  • · 8oz. mozzarella cheese

Methods/steps
In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tbsp. butter. Add halibut, garlic and thyme. Cook until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 10 minutes. Remove and set aside. Add remaining butter to skillet. Stir in flour and salt until smooth; cook and stir until golden brown. Gradually add broth, beer and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
In a greased 13x9 baking dish, layer half of each of the noodles, halibut, shrimp, spinach and white sauce. Repeat layers and add cheese.
Cover and bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for 20 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back