Time to start hunting

TBinKodiak

I was out hunting a few times back in early August and saw a couple decent bucks. I had to go to Chicago for a conference and extended that over a weekend to swing up to WI to visit the family. When I got back we had three weekends of rain in a row. I did take a day off work and spotted 2 shooters, but they got into the alders on me before I could get within shooting range.
The summer was good as far as fishing goes, but as usual I let other people take what they wanted (out of towners). The Buskin also got closed for reds so that left me pretty short on smoked salmon for the season. I've got plenty of kings in the freezer,but no smoked salmon to take back to WI in November for deer season. Friday my buddy called me and said it was too nice to be working so we took the afternoon off. We went and laid the halibut skate then ran to the mouth of the Buskin and laid the gillnet. Long story short it took us an hour and a half to put 26 silvers in the boat. We lost a few, because the net is a smaller mesh used for reds, but we got what we needed anyway. The boys will be happy I have smoked salmon anyway.

GillnetSept08.jpg

That left us with some time, since the halibut skate needed to soak a while. We ran to a few spots that we had always thought would be good for duck hunting. Did a little beachcombing and found a lifevest and a ladies undergarmet.. :eek:
Pulled the skate and got one 40lb and lost one on the way up. Time to head back to town to clean fish.

Gillnetsept08a.jpg

Pic of the the take. Not bad for a couple hours work and a couple hours just messing around. ;)

GillnetSept08b.jpg

I'd pay big money to have weather like that for a few days. Nice haul TB. When does the silver fishing fizzle out?

Nice work on the fishes. I think I was in that bathroom behind you once...I was too scared to use it.:eek:

I'd pay big money to have weather like that for a few days. Nice haul TB. When does the silver fishing fizzle out?

It's been nice since Friday, but the clouds rolled in tonight. It actually rained a little bit on Sunday while I was hunting, but not bad enough to pull out the raingear. It would have been a great 4 day weekend to kill a goat... |oo

Nice work on the fishes. I think I was in that bathroom behind you once...I was too scared to use it.:eek:

Yeah the urinals are kind of high off the ground. You could have just went on the floor like the drunks. :D

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back