Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Time For A New Mattress

TimeOnTarget

I've had it with my current mattress. It's not that old but I'm done with it. I wake up with a kink in my back and stiff every morning. That's if I didn't toss and turn the entire night.

I know there was a thread here some time back on this very subject but I can't seem to find it. IIRC it seems like sleep number was the general consensus of what people were liking. Is that still the case?

I appreciate the insight.

They are kinda like rifle scopes you can buy 500 dollar ones of 10,000 dollar ones haha . I did the bed in the mail Helix Sleep option . Took their quiz . At first didn’t like it but now I like it quite a bit . Good luck . There’s a shit load of options !

Sleep Number is what we had to buy because my wife would wake up with a numb foot every morning. Bought it 5 years ago and haven't regretted it for a night.

Sleep Number is what we had to buy because my wife would wake up with a numb foot every morning. Bought it 5 years ago and haven't regretted it for a night.
Did you get the cheap or expensive sleep number?

Did you get the cheap or expensive sleep number?
We got a split king size (this was before they made the adjusting ones) with the memory foam mattress layer. They make you buy their "box springs" in order for it to be covered by warranty. They delivered it to our door. Took about an hour to set up. Worth every penny.

If you go to a Sleep Number store, they have a bed there that will give you your "sleep number".

Pillow top suck. I get overheated and they do give me a back ache. Never tried memory foam but I suspect the same problem. I gotta have some ventilation around my body.
IIRC mine is a hybrid pillow top/ memory foam one.

At the hunting cabin we built simple 2x framed beds with plywood bottoms and cheap mattresses, no box springs. I sleep better on those firm beds than I do on our expensive bed at home. It's either because of the firm plywood base, or just because I'm in hunting camp?
Same with me. The camper trailer I hunt out of six weeks every fall has nothing but six inches of foam on plywood and I sleep like a baby.

We bought a Stumptown mattress late last year. I haven’t noticed it since the second week of using it. I’m counting that as a win.

Sleep Number - King Size with separate head and foot adjustment. Been 4 years and no issues. Wife and I both have acid reflux so we have to sleep with our head raised but very different sleep firmness. Don't use the foot raise much except one time when I had swelling in foot from injury. One thing about them is that if you have to move them if replacing flooring, you have to hire there installers to move it out and move it back in ($$$$). They are very heavy. Make sure you are happy with your flooring before buying one. My brother and sister in-law love their Temper Pedic but I get too hot sleeping in them and the foam is not comfortable to me. Take your time and go try different mattresses out. Look for sales. You also need special sheets with the sleep number. However I think they are worth it especially if you need your head or feet raised.

I like my tempurpedic as well. Not the cheapest option, but seems to work well for me. I'm not too picky when it comes to a bed, just want a nice firm mattress.

Did have a sleep number once, didn't like the gap down the middle though. Makes an awkward transition IMO

We had a sleep number that I loved (I like soft-wife firm) but she never got to like. Had to be a memory foam for her and it is fine, not as good as the SN was for me though.

Sleep Number - King Size with separate head and foot adjustment. Been 4 years and no issues. Wife and I both have acid reflux so we have to sleep with our head raised but very different sleep firmness. Don't use the foot raise much except one time when I had swelling in foot from injury. One thing about them is that if you have to move them if replacing flooring, you have to hire there installers to move it out and move it back in ($$$$). They are very heavy. Make sure you are happy with your flooring before buying one. My brother and sister in-law love their Temper Pedic but I get too hot sleeping in them and the foam is not comfortable to me. Take your time and go try different mattresses out. Look for sales. You also need special sheets with the sleep number. However I think they are worth it especially if you need your head or feet raised.
A better cure for your acid reflux: Dexilant. It's a prescription drug so you'll need to talk to your doctor. But you better have a good drug plan. Even up here in the land of cheap pharmaceuticals mine cost $167 for 60 pills (sixty mg). But boy does it work! Formerly I would pop a pill during bad episodes and I was good for days. Now I'm pretty much taking a dose a day or I suffer the consequences. Not fast acting so best to take it during the day.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back