Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Tikka T3

fishing for sanity,

How would you modify for length? Do they make a slightly longer magazine? I am running into the same issues with my 7 mag. The closer to the lands I load the better groups I get.

New Tikka T3x

http://www.tikka.fi/rifles/tikka-t3x

It looks like they have changed a few things that weren't great about the previous generation, while hopefully keeping the things people liked:

Better stock/recoil pad
Larger ejection port
Metal bolt shroud!!
Steel recoil lug

Those are literally the only things that have kept me from buying a T3 in the past. I hope the accuracy remains.

I love my T3 Hunter in 7mm Mag. Accurate. Affordable. Added the Limbsaver and reduced the "punch" by 20-25%. Could have spent more, but the T3 is plenty accurate for my hunting style. Left a little more funds available for the Zeiss that sits on top.

I much prefer its predecessor, the whitetail hunter in 595 and 695.

Little heavier and just seems better built. My dad has kind of commandeered mine in .270 for good I think though��

I held a T3 in sportsman's yesterday and reaffirmed that I like it. Of course they had no idea about the T3x coming so my hopes for a discount were dashed.

I bought a T3 Lite Stainless in .270 WSM back in 2003. I have had no problems with it whatsoever. It is one of the most accurate rifles I own.

I have 5 if that says anything 243, 25/06, 7mm/08, 270 and 308 each shoot MOA. I think for the money the Tikka and the Weatherby Vanguard for a little less money than the Tikka are your best bang for the buck. My Weatherby Vanguard 300 win mag shoots MOA also but is a bit heavier.

I have a T3 with wood stock in 6.5x55 for metallic silhouette, and a T3lite SS in 7 mag for hunting. I think both are great. I own a series of Rem 700s and a model 7, but the Tikka wins hands down.

I shoot a T3 308 and love it. Does everything I ask it to do.

I held a T3 in sportsman's yesterday and reaffirmed that I like it. Of course they had no idea about the T3x coming so my hopes for a discount were dashed.
Are theT3x's on the shelf yet? I'm kind of hoping they will put the T3's on sale. Or may go with the T3x or Savage 116. Decisions, decisions.....

Have a T3 lite in 22-250. It's a 1/2 inch gun at 100 yards. Smooth bolt throw, nice guns.

Have any of you Montana Tikka owners checked out Mountain Tactical in Bozeman? They are making replacement bolt shrouds and bottom metal for T3s. Looks like, for less than 200 bills, you could rid yourself of all that pesky plastic. They also make an improved recoil lug.

Not everyone thinks the T3 is a great rifle. I was interested years ago until I picked one up. It felt flimsy and cheaply made. And I hate bolt shrouds like the Tikka has. mtmuley

I honestly don't understand how people are hung up on the bolt shrouds and bottoms/mags.

I just like the feel of metal and wood. Sturdy and classy. Seems like they have more and more plastic all the time, which is fine. I'm finally to the point where I want something more weather resistant. And laminated stocks are kinda heavy and expensive.

sturdy and classy usually equals a 10 lb. rifle that doesn't handle weather.

the palstikkas are about as perfect of a point and shoot rifle as you can get.

sturdy and classy usually equals a 10 lb. rifle that doesn't handle weather.

the palstikkas are about as perfect of a point and shoot rifle as you can get.
I usually find myself setting up and squeezing. Tikka's are great. If you like em. Guess I'm in the minority, I can't warm up to them. mtmuley

I am a rifle looney and love them all. If you do your homework on Tikka there is so much to like and appreciate from these high performing rifles. Whenever anyone ask me for a recommendation on the best bang for their bucks I tell them a Tikka.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back