Thoughts?

Enviros don't care about the birds. Birds are just a means to an end which is them taking another chunk out of the firearms industry.

Windmills are decimating large birds and those in the ocean are killing whales. Enviros want more of both.

The most compelling reason for switching to copper is the lead you and your family might ingest. I shoot copper for that reason but wouldn't support mandating it.

I switched to copper 18 months ago, tried a few different makes and came back to Barnes.
We had new players on the scene manufacturing copper, I tried some, and sadly found some deer were taking too long to die, thats why I went back to Barnes
Getting lead out of the environment can only be a good thing. We have been banned from using lead around water courses for quite some time now.

Some game dealers over here won't take deer shot with lead, mine won't.

It is a very divisive subject over here and the arguments get very heated.

I know this is ‘Murica and all, but it’s pretty indisputable that a lead core bullet will leave a pretty fair amount of lead fragments in the tissue the bullet traveled through. It’s also a pretty indisputable fact lead is not good for anything or anyone. What you do with these two facts is up to you.

Steve makes a heck of a bullet, and all he did in the video was speak facts. Some folks just can’t handle that.

Yours truly,

Commie
New avatar pic

IMG_3046.jpeg

As a fellow commie I agree, Steve makes a great product which I use in all my rifles. Plus how many bullet manufacturers can you call up and shoot the shit with about loading.

Great business.

Lead is bad for your health this isn’t new information, making the switch when you can get a copper bullet that performs as well or better than the best lead bullet makes this a no brainer.

Thanks for posting the video, I have been on the fence of switching over to lead bullets and the hammer bullets. I just have so many lead bullets left over seems expensive to make the switch, but looks like I may start switching my rifles over to copper this year

You would think the buffalo slaughter sites arond the park would have virtually no scavengers after eating 1100 gut piles
Seems like a perfect study area,,,

I started shooting Barnes in one of my rifles about 10 years ago, at the suggestion of my gunsmith who swore by them for their performance on game. If I do my part, the bullets do theirs. I have one big game rifle left which I have not switched over to monos, mainly because it rarely gets used and my time to work up a new load is nill. When I get some motivation, it will shoot monos too.

Lead projectiles fired from high velocity cartridges are likely the root of the issue. Multiple studies have been done on the differences between fragmentation of high and low velocity lead projectiles in game. High velocity bullets produce significantly more fragments, and smaller fragments, than low velocity bullets. Muzzleloaders and low velocity cartridges are not the issue.

I don't really care about anyone's politics or if they believe that lead is a problem or not. I wanted opinions on whether or not it was a bad look for Hammer to appear in that video. mtmuley

Steve has a vested interest and that will tilt some, especially the change resistant. I will most likely switch the Mash's Scenar to a Hammer & confirm a new Lupe dial.

Accubonds baby!
Seriously guys, I’ve eaten game my entire life, (67). The vast majority of it killed with lead bullets. I was my departments firearms training supervisor/ sr. Instructor for over 20 years. I was required to have my blood tested every year for lead exposure. We had an indoor range. Never had a problem with elevated lead. My hearing however is shot to hell.
I’ll bet if you wash your hands before leaving the range, before putting in a chew, having a sandwich, or other wise putting something in your mouth while handling ammunition and components, you’re going to be fine using lead bullets.
Next time you empty a jug of laundry detergent or a bottle of dishwashing liquid, save it. Fill it full of water as part of your range kit. Throw in a roll of paper towels. There is more than enough soap left in the container to make a great handwashing liquid.

I don't really care about anyone's politics or if they believe that lead is a problem or not. I wanted opinions on whether or not it was a bad look for Hammer to appear in that video. mtmuley
There are some third rails you don’t want to grab onto in the gun industry.

Examples:

A gun shop doesn’t want to support anything being banned;

AR, mags, whatever.

It will be turned on the shop by groups and have a negative impact on your sales

Lead free bullets are the new third rail:

Supporting them and/or saying bad things about lead is viewed as gun control by many.

Steve has a vested interest and that will tilt some, especially the change resistant. I will most likely switch the Mash's Scenar to a Hammer & confirm a new Lupe dial.
It's hard for people to wrap their head around light bullets driven at warp speed. No denying that it works. mtmuley

Supporting them and/or saying bad things about lead is viewed as gun control by many.
Leading to the eventual demise of hunting. I can assure you that gun control and the banning of lead aren't part of Steve's agenda. There are a lot of ignorant people that are using that as their arguement. Seems counterproductive for a bullet company. mtmuley

It makes sense in multiple ways that Steve would want to appear in the video. As someone who cares about the hunting world, his business and nature it only makes sense. In all fairness I thought about purchasing a box of hammers that I've been holding in my cart for a very long time

Leading to the eventual demise of hunting. I can assure you that gun control and the banning of lead aren't part of Steve's agenda. There are a lot of ignorant people that are using that as their arguement. Seems counterproductive for a bullet company. mtmuley
I agree….

But it is seen as a “third rail” in the trade.

As with anything there are extremes on both sides of any argument.

If you take a stand as a company you just have to own it and never back down.

Hammer did not “Bud Light” their brand by being part of the video.

The few they may upset are more likely than not on the extreme side of the argument that believe lead free equals gun control. They wouldn’t be a customer anyways.

Hypothetically if I owned a lead free bullet company…… I’d use every avenue to sell my product. Focus on accuracy and terminal performance….and if I can get environmentally concerned persons to back me…why not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back