MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Thoughts?

This is like a third rail in the gun community for whatever reason…..but I’m retired now so I can say what I want.

I believe it is a reasonable conclusion to draw that lead is ingested and held in the crop by birds of prey/scavengers and this lead more likely than not comes from hunters kills.

On the other side where we look at human ingestion of lead from a critter you shot…..unless you are eating the jellied meat around the wound channel I can’t see that taking place.

I have been making the move to lead free over the past few years….still trying to find the perfect lead free revolver projectile.

Lead grabbing is an end around for gun grabbing.

Anyone that would throw in with the lead grabbers, is either ignorant of the commie agenda, or complicit.

If you had to wager, would you bet that the raptor populations are increasing, or decreasing?

I understand. Steve is facing backlash from other hunting/shooting sites for his participation in the video. I just wanted the input from members here at HT. mtmuley
Hammer Bullets are exceptional for more reasons than just not using lead. They’re the fastest shooting, easiest to get to shoot precisely bullets I’ve ever used. The fact that they won’t poison raptors is a huge bonus. I’m not surprised he’s gotten pushback, but folks often don’t like change—even when it’s good change.

This thread reminded me I need to order some more 123 grain Absolutes.

I understand. Steve is facing backlash from other hunting/shooting sites for his participation in the video. I just wanted the input from members here at HT. mtmuley
Ya, I just understand why it would be a big deal. He even started the conversation off with “although I’m not advocating mandating what people can shoot…”

After growing up in a superfund site, I’ve got enough lead in my system, I’ll stick with my hammers for hunting.

If you’ve ever been able to see just how clean a carcass gets cleaned (and how fast), I think it’s pretty apparent all that lead is without a doubt getting ingested by scavenging birds and other critters. Magpies, crows, ravens, eagles, jays, badgers, coyotes, foxes, I’ve seen them all at recent kill sites scrounging for scraps.

It was an easy switch for me to shoot non-toxic bullets. I can’t say I’ll never ever hunt with a lead bullet again, but I’m pretty happy with the monos I’ve shot.

Reducing lead on the landscape as well as lead in the meat I feed my family seems like a win-win.

I’m not particularly concerned about the science around the raptors, we’ve been using lead projectiles for centuries at this point. It does seem legitimate but also like it’s being weaponized (like everything else)

I have no issues with copper, I have several rifles that shoot Barnes better than anything else I’ve used in them and they just work. Just not a fan of decisions being forced. If I ever take up hand loading hammers would be at the top of my list to try.

I have never heard of a griz dieing from lead poisioning or heard of reproduction issues related to lead in bears and they spend all fall eating elk carcasses and live a long life. The whole leadfree push I do think is a lot onesided science to benefit a agenda!

Ya, I just understand why it would be a big deal. He even started the conversation off with “although I’m not advocating mandating what people can shoot…”

After growing up in a superfund site, I’ve got enough lead in my system, I’ll stick with my hammers for hunting.
The Silver Valley looked more like Death Valley when I was a kid.

I’ve yet to see a shortage of buzzards, ravens, mountain lions, bobcat, coyotes, golden eagles or black bears. I’m sure none of them ever found a gut pile they did not like. If lead was an issue, you’d think in western states with plenty of deer and elk, all these predator and scavenger species would be scarce, dying, and dead. They are not. I think the whole lead thing is pure politics.

I know this is ‘Murica and all, but it’s pretty indisputable that a lead core bullet will leave a pretty fair amount of lead fragments in the tissue the bullet traveled through. It’s also a pretty indisputable fact lead is not good for anything or anyone. What you do with these two facts is up to you.

Steve makes a heck of a bullet, and all he did in the video was speak facts. Some folks just can’t handle that.

Yours truly,

Commie

Back