This

• Thread starter Deleted member 28227
  • Start date
Yeah that is an interesting piece of the conversation.

Depending on your age though there is a good argument for putting the money in the market over your home loan… also depends on your rate.

But at like age 50 I’d probably lean toward paying off the house… all depends on how long someone plans on living somewhere.
That's exactly what we did, and at 50, had no mortgage. And we're not leaving Montana. We've lived in Texas (too hot, no public land, and loved the culture, but there were bugs), Idaho, briefly, great hunting but no stream access law.

Love going to the Carib and diving but not for a life.

Anyway, I wish you well in your remodel.

Did quite a bit of work over there. Owner of the company I work for built and owns a condo complex off of Sherman. Did some projects up in Gozzer. Yeah, I don't like it either. mtmuley
Did quite a bit of work over there. Owner of the company I work for built and owns a condo complex off of Sherman. Did some projects up in Gozzer. Yeah, I don't like it either. mtmuley
My wife graduated from CHS. I grew up just east of there and did lots of work out around the lake, will never ever live there again.

For those comparing to CO, it's not really fair. It's not necessarily because its extremely low humidity, it's because of the huge humidity swings. It can be 10% one day and 90% the next. The quick swings from such a large range causes issues like drywall cracking, building materials and furnature absorbing moisture, etc. It's pretty common for homes here to have fancy dehumifiers and systems for removing humidity and I have honestly never heard of or seen a system that adds moisture. I'm not in the HVAC business though.

Only comparing because the notion of adding humidity in Michigan is like trying to take a shower underwater in my mind

Do I really need a humidifier in Michigan?

Across the lake from you, but same climate. I’ve never had one, never felt it was an issue- we did put a vaporizer in my daughters bedroom from time to time when she had a cough and it was fine.

If you’re finishing any of your basement (sounds like you are), you should just pipe a dehumidifier to your sump and leave it on auto- my basement stays around 50% humidity year-round.

Also- get a sump with a battery backup. I learned that lesson in a very stupid and unpleasant way (involving me plugging in a Marcum ice locator charger, leaving for a few days, and my wife discovering I left the sump unplugged…). While late ice trips are often very enjoyable, this did not turn out to be one of those times.

Last edited:
Yep, it does get dry. Probably not “west” dry or anywhere close, but my youngest would get a dry cough and nose bleeds once in a while- the vaporizer in her room at night really helped.

Having lived in both Michigan and Arizona, ah, yeah it does get that dry, and then some.

Nothing like waking up a bloody pillow - Expected to find a horse's head in bed with me...

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back