Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

This

• Thread starter Deleted member 28227
  • Start date
been in my 1st house for 18 months and we're already on free roof no. 1 scheduled for next month.

when does insurance just start saying screw you and your hail we're done with you?

dealing with insurance is fun... buy a house they said :rolleyes:

View attachment 281490
Pro tip fnd a roofer you trust and let them deal with the insurance.

Pro tip fnd a roofer you trust and let them deal with the insurance.

oh they will. but i'm still wheelin and dealin trying to find a way to "profit"/at least get my deductible back.

for example, they gave me 2k for my fence. my total deductible is 2500. i'll just go get another 100 bucks of paint for that. the gutters definitely don't need to be replaced IMO but they ponied to have them all replaced, thinking of telling my roofer to leave em be.

soon will be arguing with insurance on the market value of my totaled truck...

so fun.

Well I was stupid and broke my and Randy’s rules and created what will certainly be a mountain of work for myself that will definitely cut into time in the woods…🤦‍♂️

Bought a 1927 house…

The easy life of the renter is over and I had to purchase tools… #*^@#*

First purchase and job… all the sinks and shower handles leak.

Sinks use a 12G-1H stem… FML

View attachment 281219

… to be continued

Sounds like an episode of one of my favorite 80’s movies
IMG_3545.jpeg

Even under all of those "what-if" scenarios, it takes what... like 5 years, before my mortgage is less than any rent I could ever find. I have to live somewhere. The "risk" is grossly overestimated.
Kind of depends on your definition of "overestimated". Median home ownership tenure is around 13yrs, so I know 50% are lower, for whatever reason. Also I think HT'ers tend to be more anchored, so it skews views a little. But my view may be skewed as well. In 30+ I have never lived in the same house more than 12yrs, so I let the data speak.

Everything about RE is very specific to location, but to get rent to your mortgage in 5 yrs would take an annualized inflation rate of 6% or more. You can check the OER portion of CPI and it will show few times that has happened. I admit I have some problems with the data because they are not normalized to sq ft, but the premium of homeownership to rent is typically 1.3-1.4, although the chart below makes me think it is higher at present. Like everything in life, your return all depends on the timing.

Screenshot 2023-06-26 at 12.43.37 PM.png

Kind of depends on your definition of "overestimated". Median home ownership tenure is around 13yrs, so I know 50% are lower, for whatever reason. Also I think HT'ers tend to be more anchored, so it skews views a little. But my view may be skewed as well. In 30+ I have never lived in the same house more than 12yrs, so I let the data speak.

Everything about RE is very specific to location, but to get rent to your mortgage in 5 yrs would take an annualized inflation rate of 6% or more. You can check the OER portion of CPI and it will show few times that has happened. I admit I have some problems with the data because they are not normalized to sq ft, but the premium of homeownership to rent is typically 1.3-1.4, although the chart below makes me think it is higher at present. Like everything in life, your return all depends on the timing.

View attachment 281491
You're in WA now, you're rent doubles every decade if not sooner.

been in my 1st house for 18 months and we're already on free roof no. 1 scheduled for next month.

when does insurance just start saying screw you and your hail we're done with you?

dealing with insurance is fun... buy a house they said :rolleyes:

View attachment 281490

dang man.... was that this most recent storm?!

dang man.... was that this most recent storm?!

that was actually the may 9th storm that swept through Erie and Longmont ahead of schedule. may 10th was the actual day forecast for storms and for whatever reason the atmosphere lit up unexpectedly early around 11pm on may 9th. i put my wifes car in the garage before bed ONLY because i didn't want to have to move stuff around in the morning before work.

literally, as i recall, that was kind the very beginning of it all for this wild spring we've had.

View attachment 281491
So, my decision to buy in 2014 looks decent?

But my decision to buy a money pit, not so much??

How far is Coeur d'Alene?
Back in the early 2000s I had a buddy who delivered furniture to those homes on the lake. He said some of them were unbelievable. I’ve not been past there in several years but I’m sure it’s even more built up now

Ok boomers, need you to educated this millennial.

Got my quote from the HVAC guy.

Do I really need a humidifier in Michigan? Coming from CO that seems crazy to me... never had one growing up in the west MI seems waaaaaay more humid even in the winter.

Am I being dumb?

in colorado if you don't blink for more than 7 seconds your contact lense will turn to glass and we never had humidifiers growing up either.

humidifier in michigan? your contractor smokes crack man.

but what do i know

Do I really need a humidifier in Michigan? Coming from CO that seems crazy to me... never had one growing up in the west MI seems waaaaaay more humid even in the winter.

Am I being dumb?
NEED is subjective. But we definitely use ours in IA. You got kiddo and so u can either do whole house humidifier or you'll be running one at least in the kids room. Also better for hardwood floors etc.

Whole house humidifier is easy DIY install, so easy even I did it.

YMMV.

Am I being dumb?
I have only had the Aprilaire furnace-mounted drip humidifiers and have found them all pretty much useless. I have never noticed a significant change in the indoor humidity in winter, the drain line clogs, and the filter needs replaced constantly. My current one is totally off and I doubt I ever turn it on again. In-room humidifiers while sleeping is all I use.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back