Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

This

• Thread starter Deleted member 28227
  • Start date
Then why not some incentives for people who lease vehicles, or borrow money for education and then feel like they shouldn't have to pay the full amount back?

No way I'm going down this rabbit hole of incentives for EVs (don't buy a Tesla if you're a Dem, except for AOC), the price of gas and student loan debt forgiveness (art history and philosophy majors rejoice).

Annywaayy...discussion of the various painful DIY projects was way more fun.

Back on topic… fixing a 3 ft hole in my fieldstone foundation that a previous owner made to insulate the crawl space.

Take a swing at it?

Put small door to access that part of the crawl space?

Hire someone?

Back on topic… fixing a 3 ft hole in my fieldstone foundation that a previous owner made to insulate the crawl space.

Take a swing at it?

Hire someone?
Similar project except I did the hole punching and then adding stone back in. Had to reroute my sewer pipe and decided to have it leave the house to the pit in a more direct path
20230429_094550.jpg
20230429_094550.jpg20230429_120014.jpg

Take a swing at it?

Hire someone?
Easy to fix, just need one Halloween skeleton, some old clothes, a few rocks, and a bag of mortar.

@wllm , if you haven't watched The Money Pit, do it. It is oddly cathartic.

We bought a home from 1967 and have had to redo about every major system and cosmetic thing in it over the past few years. Current fun project is figuring out how to get an overall electrical shutoff to the house because it doesn't have one and I need to change out my panel so my house doesn't burn down. Also have some fun plumbing noises coming from the hall bathroom shower anytime someone is in there and a toilet flushes elsewhere in the house. I kind of hate it. I feel like I am always holding my breath for the next thing to go wrong. I can't imagine what you are dealing with on a home that old.

@wllm , if you haven't watched The Money Pit, do it. It is oddly cathartic.

We bought a home from 1967 and have had to redo about every major system and cosmetic thing in it over the past few years. Current fun project is figuring out how to get an overall electrical shutoff to the house because it doesn't have one and I need to change out my panel so my house doesn't burn down. Also have some fun plumbing noises coming from the hall bathroom shower anytime someone is in there and a toilet flushes elsewhere in the house. I kind of hate it. I feel like I am always holding my breath for the next thing to go wrong. I can't imagine what you are dealing with on a home that old.
Some of that sounds like you might have ghosts. Find an expert exorcist.

Here is the current old furnace it has one. Doesn’t look like it’s been plugged in at least 3-4 year.

View attachment 281518
Does anyone in your house have dry skin/psoriasis? Here in Indiana, my buddy had one installed and it really helped with his kids dry skin. Heck, he said his hands were cracking less in the winter.

SITKA Pre Season Savings

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gagrimes1
Back