Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

This

• Thread starter Deleted member 28227
  • Start date
Total gutted second floor of our 120 year old house. Lath and plaster is not your friend.🤣🤣 100 % new every thing.nothing square or plumb.
sistered new studs, rafters, and floor joists. one of the worst thing was after the plaster was done how cold and damp the rest of the house felt until the plaster dried. Been putting off the first floor but it’s coming soon. 😡😡

Attachments

• IMG_8918.jpeg
    IMG_8918.jpeg
    63.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_8917.jpeg
    IMG_8917.jpeg
    55.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_8916.jpeg
    IMG_8916.jpeg
    64.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_8920.jpeg
    IMG_8920.jpeg
    70.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_8919.jpeg
    IMG_8919.jpeg
    62.9 KB · Views: 21
Had to get new clipboards & pads to make secondary project lists.
Follow up projects the 1st project made.

If you live long enough a tradesman will move nearby and now I have a retired mason in the neighborhood too.
We have a whole const. company within 10 miles, all trying to do one project solo...LOL

30 years from now, someone will look at that and say “can you believe that shit was once in style?” as they are tearing it out.
Our house has oak raised panel cabinets that were sooooo popular in the 90’s. I can rememeber installing the exact same stuff 30 years ago and thinging “god I hate those cabinets.” Oddly enough, I still do.

Full kitchen remodel is on the list after the basement.

Don't forget the, "Oh, look who's finally fixing the (insert random item) I've been fussing about since we moved in. Thanks babe (heavily laden with sarcasm)." that's going to be lobbed your way at some point.

Gotta beat them to the punch. I walk in the room and drop "There I fixed it" no matter how small the job was or how long it took.

Our house has oak raised panel cabinets that were sooooo popular in the 90’s. I can rememeber installing the exact same stuff 30 years ago and thinging “god I hate those cabinets.” Oddly enough, I still do.

Full kitchen remodel is on the list after the basement.
I painted ours to save some money and I hate them even more now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back