Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

This

• Thread starter Deleted member 28227
  • Start date
Couple years ago I built my wife a brick paver patio on N side of our screen porch for Mothers Day.

Last week she looked at the (older and much larger) brick paver patio on W side of porch and says, "I think we should rip that out and turn it into grass."

My wife says stuff just like this. She loves the "we" word. But in the end, it comes down to the "me", but I get help from "myself" and "I" and the three of us "get 'her done."

Couple years ago I built my wife a brick paver patio on N side of our screen porch for Mothers Day.

Last week she looked at the (older and much larger) brick paver patio on W side of porch and says, "I think we should rip that out and turn it into grass."

Not surprised. Been there.

My wife says stuff just like this. She loves the "we" word. But in the end, it comes down to the "me", but I get help from "myself" and "I" and the three of us "get 'her done."
Yep, I heard it the exact same way, but fortunately resisted the urge to point that out.

I like to tell my wife that all projects using the "royal we" are billed at twice the rate with all funds going directly into my squirrel fund.

It has no effect, but it makes me feel better.

I try to avoid "we" projects because it usually involves splitting up the tasks and every time I get started on one of my tasks I hear the dreaded "I need help for a second". The next thing you know all her tasks are done and she is looking at me saying "Are you done with your tasks yet?"

Look at the bright side. You now have an excellent way to build hunting trip equity through completed house projects.
I feel like this is a form of economics my wife is completely unfamiliar with. There's no equity ever built, it's like trying to pour acetone in a bowl and hoping to use it next month, once you need it, it's never there.

@wllm, save your receipts. I’m looking forward to the Rent Vs. Buy, Can we be honest? thread. The thought of the spreadsheet and charts is making me practically giddy.
Rent, 100% rent, buying isnt even close on this one.

I don't know anyone who rented a place for 7 years and then made 6 figures when they left.

the renter simply didn't lose six figures and 10,000 hours driving to and from home depot like a zombie.

and every time you go to home depot the laws of physics dictate you stop for a big mac or a chick fil a sandwich.

money losing machines, time losing machines.

it's the capitalistic method of keeping a docile, preoccupied, permanent middle class to sodomize for taxes and votes.

One thing I’ve recently learned about homeownership is that any work needing to be done in the crawl space is best suited for winter when insects and spiders are in hell.
Both of my sillcocks are blown out and I can’t bring myself to go down there.
My grapevines might never recover.

the renter simply didn't lose six figures and 10,000 hours driving to and from home depot like a zombie.

and every time you go to home depot the laws of physics dictate you stop for a big mac or a chick fil a sandwich.

money losing machines, time losing machines.

it's the capitalistic method of keeping a docile, preoccupied, permanent middle class to sodomize for taxes and votes.
deliverance-lonnie.gif

Sidebar; bride and I heading to New Mexico midweek, so naturally the carpet in our dressing room becomes soaking wet yesterday. Just left the plumbers upgrading some copper and both shut valves to my study's water closet sink sharing that wall. We've an uncanny streak of that kind of luck..actually good luck to catch it beforehand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back