This

• Thread starter Deleted member 28227
  • Start date
The only necessary saw here is the multitool
Sawzall did most of the cutting. Previous subfloor had nails missing the rafters and would've ruined that multitool blade quick. Sawzall wood and nails blade made quick work of those. Jigsaw was to clean up the cuts and make it as straight as possible and for the hole where the toilet flange sits. Multitool was for any adjustment cuts when placing the new floor down. Table saw outside was for ripping a 4x8 sheet of plywood down to size. I'd say they were all needed.

Sawzall did most of the cutting. Previous subfloor had nails missing the rafters and would've ruined that multitool blade quick. Sawzall wood and nails blade made quick work of those. Jigsaw was to clean up the cuts and make it as straight as possible and for the hole where the toilet flange sits. Multitool was for any adjustment cuts when placing the new floor down. Table saw outside was for ripping a 4x8 sheet of plywood down to size. I'd say they were all needed.
I worked for a guy doing remodel and home improvement work for a while. He and his brother used a multitool for absolutely everything. It was a running joke that the first thing out of the trailer in the morning was the multitool and it didn't get out back until we were done with absolutely everything.

Dude even took his own cast off with one.

I worked for a guy doing remodel and home improvement work for a while. He and his brother used a multitool for absolutely everything. It was a running joke that the first thing out of the trailer in the morning was the multitool and it didn't get out back until we were done with absolutely everything.

Dude even took his own cast off with one.
They sure are handy. I would take one as one of my 10 items allowed on Alone.

Welp, had the bike on the carrier getting ready to head for the trails, reached in to grab a pair of shorts, spun the drum and popped the belt off.
Gonna be a fun night 😑
View attachment 286340
1.5hrs later, back in business.
Not as bad as I thought it was gonna be.
I’d like to say that I learned my lesson and that I’ll always fold my laundry as soon as it’s done instead of manually spinning the drum every morning looking for matching clothes thus causing the belt to pop off, but we know that’s not gonna happen.

Been a crazy couple of months, wife has had a couple 26 day straight stretches at work, and between trying to juggle work, home improvements and solo dadding a kiddo who probably will need tubes due to all of her ear infections I found I needed to just put my head down focus on the home front instead of wasting time with you miscreants.

As I've learned you never really finish a home project, but I've tapped out on this one for a while. Nothing special compared to what the professionals on here do, but save for the new furnace was 100% DIY and I'm proud of the result.

Only took 200 trips to the hardware store...

Also the look of horror on the face of the dude at true value as I asked "I'm buying my first drill what do you recommend" while having my daughter strapped to my chest and a cart full of 100ft of Romex, 12 gang boxes, a shit load of conduit, 25 gallons of paint, concrete, etc and all the accouterments was worth all the toil and banged up fingers.. :devilish:

Back