Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

This

• Thread starter Deleted member 28227
  • Start date
Anyway…

Gotta get the furnace/AC situation sorted before hunting season.

Of course the two bids I got were wildly off… not so much the cost but what we actually need. One guy said a 2ton the other a 3, the disagreed about how big the current unit is, the size of the current furnace even the number of current supply and returns we have in the house which seems crazy to me.

I dk I guess I either get a third opinion or just go with whoever can get the work done first.
Who can get there first usually means they are less desired but there are exceptions. I would get a couple more estimates until someone can at least get the supply and returns right. Just had our main sewer line replaced and I think it was bid number six that we went with. The prices varied by over 10k and the fine print in the contracts was even more inconsistent. Some left big loop holes to charge me more.

1 story-2 story-finished basement? Zoned? Seers and such?

I would advise to a point not to use whoever can get there first, that's not always worth it. Go with who's right.

Unless the get there is "we can be there in 3 weeks and we can get there in 4 weeks", the. Go with the more competent and qualified
More like we can be there in 3 weeks versus we can install the AC unit next week but can’t do any duct work till the fall.

2 story, unfinished basement, 1 return with two openings, 9 vents, 1100sqft total. No vents in the unfinished basement, and I’d like to add a couple. So call it 11 or 12 total.

Ducts need to be redone as they are a hodgepodge.

Both sell the exact same units and I specified what I wanted… it’s the size they don’t agree on.

More like we can be there in 3 weeks versus we can install the AC unit next week but can’t do any duct work till the fall.

2 story, unfinished basement, 1 return with two openings, 9 vents, 1100sqft total. No vents in the unfinished basement, and I’d like to add a couple. So call it 11 or 12 total.

Both sell the exact same units and I specified what I wanted… it’s the size they don’t agree on.
A little off topic, but who’s keeping track. I’m looking into doing an HVAC project this summer and was wondering if anyone has been selling you the big “green” rebates we were supposedly promised in the build back better stuff. Is that even a thing?? Initially I thought I heard that there would be substantial tax incentives towards heat pumps and the like. 🤷🏻‍♂️

A little off topic, but who’s keeping track. I’m looking into doing an HVAC project this summer and was wondering if anyone has been selling you the big “green” rebates we were supposedly promised in the build back better stuff. Is that even a thing?? Initially I thought I heard that there would be substantial tax incentives towards heat pumps and the like. 🤷🏻‍♂️
There are some rebates via DTE but no, no one has said anything about build back stuff at all. Now I’m not looking at solar or heat pumps but still.

This tells me a bit more, one may be run and gun resi only with a fab shop, the other could be res/comm/ind and outsources tinwork, but they may have a crew who just runs around installing and charging units.

Let me grab some random quotes and invoices later tonight or tomorrow from some projects of comparable size, I'll pm them to you. Never had issues and used top-tier on customs or commercial and production guys on residential developments.

This tells me a bit more, one may be run and gun resi only with a fab shop, the other could be res/comm/ind and outsources tinwork, but they may have a crew who just runs around installing and charging units.

Let me grab some random quotes and invoices later tonight or tomorrow from some projects of comparable size, I'll pm them to you. Never had issues and used top-tier on customs or commercial and production guys on residential developments.
Would really appreciate that, thank you.

Just honestly curious. I don’t know if it was build back funds or not. Just sort of remember some selling points for one of the infrastructure bills
Inflation reduction act… apparently.

I will likely replace some windows + do some insulation so I might qualify for some credits there, furnace and AC have to be top tier to get a $600 credit for each ($1200) and heat pumps and biomass get up to $2000.

Windows and insulation get 30% of cost capped.

Anyway…

Gotta get the furnace/AC situation sorted before hunting season.

Of course the two bids I got were wildly off… not so much the cost but what we actually need. One guy said a 2ton the other a 3, the disagreed about how big the current unit is, the size of the current furnace even the number of current supply and returns we have in the house which seems crazy to me.

I dk I guess I either get a third opinion or just go with whoever can get the work done first.
Definitely seek another opinion. Should help you know who's full of it and who knows what they're doing or you'll be more confused then ever.

I think my tax credit for a new unit last year was $300.

Inflation reduction act… apparently.

I will likely replace some windows + do some insulation so I might qualify for some credits there, furnace and AC have to be top tier to get a $600 credit for each ($1200) and heat pumps and biomass get up to $2000.

Windows and insulation get 30% of cost capped.
Hey thanks for doing that legwork. Doesn’t seem as handsome as I remember, but it’s something. Currently heat in North Central WA with heating oil (#2 dyed diesel) and I’m thinking I need a new avenue. Once again off topic, but WA implemented a tax on home heating oil combined with the sales tax and it makes my oil which is essentially “off road fuel” the same damn price as highway fuel. 4.50-5.00 per gallon at 80-90 gallons per month in the winter made things tight last year. Going to have to go greener 🤣😋

Hey thanks for doing that legwork. Doesn’t seem as handsome as I remember, but it’s something. Currently heat in North Central WA with heating oil (#2 dyed diesel) and I’m thinking I need a new avenue. Once again off topic, but WA implemented a tax on home heating oil combined with the sales tax and it makes my oil which is essentially “off road fuel” the same damn price as highway fuel. 4.50-5.00 per gallon at 80-90 gallons per month in the winter made things tight last year. Going to have to go greener 🤣😋
Oh man that’s brutal, what are you thinking of switching to?

Hey compared to Lance’s nuts we are sailing down the tracks.

Back