Caribou Gear

This

• Thread starter Deleted member 28227
  • Start date
Oh man that’s brutal, what are you thinking of switching to?

Hey compared to Lance’s nuts we are sailing down the tracks.
It’s a central oil furnace so the ductwork is already in place. Looking at installing a heat pump, which is less than ideal in Ferry County Winters, so I need to put an electric helper/backup in the main housing. Ferry County has pretty ideal electric rates with the PUD coop so should slim off some cost in the winter along with the added benefit of central air in the summer. Had it quoted 2 springs ago and life got in the way. As always. Haha. Quoted price then was between 8-9K since there was minimal ductwork to take care of and the electric backup element would fit right where my outdated R-12 AC portion was in the main furnace unit.

May look into propane as well, but that was the option that made most sense at the time.

It’s a central oil furnace so the ductwork is already in place. Looking at installing a heat pump, which is less than ideal in Ferry County Winters, so I need to put an electric helper/backup in the main housing. Ferry County has pretty ideal electric rates with the PUD coop so should slim off some cost in the winter along with the added benefit of central air in the summer. Had it quoted 2 springs ago and life got in the way. As always. Haha. Quoted price then was between 8-9K since there was minimal ductwork to take care of and the electric backup element would fit right where my outdated R-12 AC portion was in the main furnace unit.

May look into propane as well, but that was the option that made most sense at the time.
You should definitely take a look at the link I posted then could save you like 2k

You should definitely take a look at the link I posted then could save you like 2k
Opened it and skimmed it. Will be looking deeper soon. Thank you again. It’s actually another stepping stone I was waiting for as I knew with the media I had seen, it was coming first of the year. Again, Life slowed me down. 🤣. Best of luck with all of your projects. There is an insane amount of satisfaction that comes with what you’re doing and that is priceless. As always, keep us posted on the progress.

Why no heat pump?
McCiben’s a big proponent.
Michigan winters as others have said, but also if you don’t have solar or your state doesn’t have renewable infrastructure it’s the same issue as an EV… coal fired heat pump v. Natural gas furnace.

On the consumer end usually NG is cheaper than electricity.

In the case of MI unless I get panels it’s really NG either way.

IMG_3524.jpeg

@wllm, I’m certainly not a guy to go to on home improvement stuff, but I’d be willing to bet you’ll see a lot of bang for your buck on upgrading your attic insulation. It was wild how much heat would come in through the roof in the summer, and cold in the winter on our old house (built in the 40s). Should have blown in new insulation right after we bought the place.

@wllm, I’m certainly not a guy to go to on home improvement stuff, but I’d be willing to bet you’ll see a lot of bang for your buck on upgrading your attic insulation. It was wild how much heat would come in through the roof in the summer, and cold in the winter on our old house (built in the 40s). Should have blown in new insulation right after we bought the place.
100% we have maybe 9inches of insulation in the attic and no fans. Also all the joists in the basement need insulation.

I’m think of having closed cell sprayed in around the joists, and then possibly in the attic? Will likely defer to the pro on their recommendation up there, but it’s absolutely the next step.

Because of the closed cell foam in the basement I want the furnace in first as I’m assuming they will need to add another vent for modern efficiency furnaces and chiseling through foam would be a PITA.

100% we have maybe 9inches of insulation in the attic and no fans. Also all the joists in the basement need insulation.

I’m think of having closed cell sprayed in around the joists, and then possibly in the attic? Will likely defer to the pro on their recommendation up there, but it’s absolutely the next step.

Because of the closed cell foam in the basement I want the furnace in first as I’m assuming they will need to add another vent for modern efficiency furnaces and chiseling through foam would be a PITA.
Foam is easy peasy. 12" of concrete on the other hand is a major ass ache.

there are some good documentaries.

the back stabbing, throwing people under the bus, legal decimation for those that tried to tell the truth, career and reputation ending things for people. i also have a suspicion floyd landis got caught because lance had some leverage over people that could "catch" him. floyd turned on lance, went and won the yellow jersey and was stripped of his title faster than he could say "peloton"

when you listen to lance talk openly in some of these and listen to some of the very deeply angry things he still has to say about people combined with the evidence of his flagrant disregard for anyone and everyone around him, he's borderline a sociopath IMO. he's clearly a pathological liar and his aptitude for it is remarkable. his ability to sow destruction every he went puts him in the category of "dangerous people" if you ask me.

hell of a cyclist though.

when you watch the documentaries and listen to the many different riders talk openly about what was going on it's pretty wild.

watch "Stop at Nothing" and "Lance"
Watched “stop at nothing” last night and I’m sorry for being such a bro and I know he cheated, but who tf is Betsy Andreu?
Why is she talking about something she heard a dude who was dying of cancer tell his doctor in the privacy of a hospital room?
Did the doctor ever talk about this?
Can he or she not because of confidentiality laws?
If things were so bad, why didn’t Frankie and her just leave?
And wasn’t he doing the stuff too?
Just seems like she had a personal vendetta against lance to me.

Just seems like she had a personal vendetta against lance to me.

they probably had some weird sexual tension that they never got over.

betsy is probably just pissed that lance was ready to destroy frankie's life over something that frankie was doing too. under the bus and all.

i think betsy had a good reason to be pissed.

Today was a long day for a project I’ve been putting off. Our back door was all jacked up, courtesy of me slamming the shit out of it. Today was replacement day.

Because of how it was framed into the windows, I wasn’t sure I could do a prehung door. I bought a slab instead with the intention of using rather existing frame. However, further examination led to the decision to rebuild the frame as well.

Early this evening, we now have a door that latches and locks. Per the boss’s orders, I upgraded the deadbolt to a keypad model. Sanded and painted the molding, and the storm door will go up tomorrow.

IMG_6851.jpegIMG_6852.jpegIMG_6853.jpegIMG_6854.jpegIMG_6855.jpeg71055641851__31952B56-1195-42E5-9651-05CA23CB4144.jpeg

I was going to say impressive for a novice.
Hell ,I rarely see a properly hung door in NM.
It's a skill for sure. I've hung and installed a lot of different doors. Commercial and residential. Pivots, barn doors, jib doors you name it. The hardware alone can be a nightmare if you aren't familiar. mtmuley

Back