Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Who else has stopped helping people get/track points?

I toss out a "so you know" comment about once a year to a couple of people,but they never buy.
Other than that, nothing else.
I help 2 people but other than that I'm in the same boat. Always send out a few FYI texts but no takers so far.

Do you all plan on hunting with the people that you are applying for/reminding to apply or are you just a nice person?
I'll be hunting with the 2 people that I help. One is 60+ so he's not into e-scouting too much.

I was chatting with my main hunting buddy about WY antelope and reminded him of the zero point hunt we did a few years ago. Neither of us want that kind of circus again but I still had to beg him to spend the $30 for a point. I was about to venmo him the money but man, whatever

I have a nephew I buy WY points for annually as his Christmas/Birthday present. Not gonna Lie, when he was a junior it was a sweet deal. It's more expensive now that he is in his 20's. But he is my point mule and is gonna raise my average also.

I have an uncle who can't seem to remember how and when to apply and buy points. I don't understand what his major malfunction is...

really? I remind and even offer to buy as many friends WY points as possible. I've use other people's points to bring our avg up every time I've hunting WY. It's way worth the effort to track their points and get to hunt a 5 pnt unit when you only 2 pnts but your buddy has like 8.

really? I remind and even offer to buy as many friends WY points as possible. I've use other people's points to bring our avg up every time I've hunting WY. It's way worth the effort to track their points and get to hunt a 5 pnt unit when you only 2 pnts but your buddy has like 8.
Maybe my friend is just point farming me

This year I drew a line in the sand. If you didn't get the points yourself then you're not getting the points.

I have grown tired of keeping up with everyone's points besides me and the wife and kiddo.
Several people in my family decided to not continue in Wyoming after getting 5 points for DEA. I deleted them from the spreadsheet. lol

Anyone else give up on friends and family in the points arena?
I don't blame you. If they don't care enough to acquire points, which takes about 3 minutes, then they aren't that serious to begin with.

They are the same type of person that balks when its time to actually apply and plan a hunt.

That said, I do take care of applications in Wyoming for my nephews, Dad, and Brother. I also take care of Arizona applications for my 2 nephews. I manage all the points and applications for my wife in several states.

So far, knock on wood, I've never messed up a single application.

I don't blame you. If they don't care enough to acquire points, which takes about 3 minutes, then they aren't that serious to begin with.

They are the same type of person that balks when its time to actually apply and plan a hunt.

Yep. I took my dad and my brothers to Wyoming for antelope a few years ago, none of them really hunt but they all like the idea of it. It was brain damage trying to get all three of them on the same page for apps and planning, so I did it all. They had a blast and always tell me they "want to go again!", so I remind them to put in for a point every year so we can draw a better unit. But, when the rubber hits the road they've only bought points about half the time and forgot the rest, so instead of sitting on 4-5 points each I think they're maybe averaging 2 if I put them in for a group app. They just aren't that serious about it.

It will be different for my daughters however, I'll be happy to do theirs when the time comes.

Make a mass email with everyone's passwords for the respective state G&F website that you're buying points for. Flag it and every year at deadline time send it out. If they buy points, great, if not, you still tried to help with 5 seconds worth of effort

I buy my wife points and remind my brother yearly. My wife doesn't plan on going on a trip for a few years still as our kids are too young.

Both will prop me up with their points when they're ready for their hunts. Once their points are gone, I'm done buying/reminding them.

I do points for like 6 of us family members every year. This'll be my last year doing it for anyone other than my much younger cousin. Pretty much because he's like my oldest kid. From now on I'll give a text and a link a week or two ahead of time. If it's not that important to get it done neither is going on the trip. Tired of wiping noses and asses for other grown men. Whether it's on the trip or during applications. Also tired of collecting the money from everyone.

I’m in the same boat - I used to track/apply/remind a bunch of people, I finally quit a couple of years ago and just handle apps for my wife, kids and Dad. I’m in the camp of if someone won’t figure out the app process and take a few minutes to take care of it on their own then they don’t need to hunt with me.

If someone can't take the time to educate themselves on what they are interested in I'm not spoon feeding them. I've had several people interested in going out West over the years. I've found they want you to do all the work while they benefit from it.
I've dropped two states already and at this time I'm working my way out of three more. After that I may just enjoy my local areas more often and fish more.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskyRichard
Back