Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Who else has stopped helping people get/track points?

Mallardsx2

This year I drew a line in the sand. If you didn't get the points yourself then you're not getting the points.

I have grown tired of keeping up with everyone's points besides me and the wife and kiddo.
Several people in my family decided to not continue in Wyoming after getting 5 points for DEA. I deleted them from the spreadsheet. lol

Anyone else give up on friends and family in the points arena?

I was tracking/reminding for 10 people in my family and immediate friends.
One of them got a little snippy about me reminding them about Wyoming this morning and they are on their own from now on.
So, I got frustrated and deleted 4 people from the spreadsheet this morning.

Most of them had enough points to draw pretty good elk/antelope/deer tags and two of them had 6 Iowa preference points.

I've stopped buying any points. It's a ponzi scheme. We've got fantastic hunting here in my state, including some of the toughest and most spectacular bear hunting. If it's not OTC, I don't apply anymore. WY literally sent me 10 emails warning that I'm going to lose my points. I bought them fair and square. F-them for expiring them.

I do have the luxury of being able to fly anywhere on earth for free. So November will be in New Zealand.

My buddy and I sort of remind each other at times, but neither of us depend on it.

Honestly, it's never been easier to keep up on things like this. We have game dept. websites, Google calendar, etc. If someone isn't organized enough to handle application deadlines, do I really want to head off into the wilderness with them for a week?

I buy for my dad, my wife and myself. I will send a reminder to just a couple friends and that’s it. I have had a relative asking me about going to Wyoming antelope hunting for years. As far as I know he has zero points; I’m not about to split my double digit amount with him

When I moved to Wyoming in 2020 I had a handful of friends who started buying points to come out and hunt. I reminded them about point deadlines for three years. I’m done with it. I figure if I have to remind them for the simple stuff, if they ever would draw anything they won’t put an ounce of effort into any e-scouting or making any plan to hunt, but rather just tag along. No thanks

I've stopped buying any points. It's a ponzi scheme. We've got fantastic hunting here in my state, including some of the toughest and most spectacular bear hunting. If it's not OTC, I don't apply anymore. WY literally sent me 10 emails warning that I'm going to lose my points. I bought them fair and square. F-them for expiring them.

I do have the luxury of being able to fly anywhere on earth for free. So November will be in New Zealand.
Only points I've bought have been in WY... I want to do a general elk hunt there. That's it. Everything else has and probably will be OTC.

It would be throwing away money now to start chasing good LE draws. I'll never catch up at this rate.

Points are the test of whether someone is going to join me or not. Whenever I get back from out West, someone inevitably starts asking about going. I tell them how the draw process works and tell them if they want to go in the future they need to put in for points.

Guess how many ever do?

Points are the test of whether someone is going to join me or not. Whenever I get back from out West, someone inevitably starts asking about going. I tell them how the draw process works and tell them if they want to go in the future they need to put in for points.

Guess how many ever do?
X100

Everyone is always up for a big adventure until it’s time to go.

I've been doing so for my dad and brother in WY and in SD. We used our WY pronghorn points this year. After they use their elk and deer points in WY, I'm done with it.
I will keep up on SD for them though as the new online licensing system/portal allows you to authorize others to manage your account so I can buy them points from inside my account without having to remind them. Pretty nice feature.

I toss out a "so you know" comment about once a year to a couple of people,but they never buy.
Other than that, nothing else.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back