Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

This is how close we came to having the UN Gun Ban Treaty approved in the Senate.

rhomas

Banned
By a 54 to 46 vote the treaty failed to receive ratification. What can happen if just 5 or 6 of those Senators who voted against ratification are defeated by anti-gun candidates?
Which 46 Senators Voted to Destroy Us?
Please note how your senators voted on this critical bill.
We must see to it that the USA wouldn't ever cede any of its rights to the UN!
We came four votes away from the U.S. Senate giving our Constitutional rights over to the United Nations.
In a 53-46 vote, the Senate narrowly passed a measure that will stop the United States from entering into the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty.
The Statement of Purpose from the Bill reads:

"To uphold Second Amendment rights and prevent the United States from entering into the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty."
The U.N. Small Arms Treaty, which has been championed by the Obama Administration, would have effectively placed a global ban on the import and export of small firearms. The ban would have affected all private gun owners in the U.S. and had language that would have implemented an international gun registry on all private guns and ammo.
Astonishingly, 46 out of our 100 United States Senators were willing to give away our Constitutional rights to a foreign power and to allow the creation of an UN police force to come into this country to assist in the collection of weapons from US, you and me!
Here are the 46 senators who voted to give your rights to the U.N.

Baldwin (D-WI)
Baucus (D-MT)
Bennett (D-CO)
Blumenthal (D-CT)
Boxer (D-CA)
Brown (D-OH)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Cardin (D-MD)
Carper (D-DE)
Casey (D-PA)
Coons (D-DE)
Cowan (D-MA)
Durbin (D-IL)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Franken (D-MN)
Gillibrand (D-NY)
Harkin (D-IA)
Hirono (D-HI)
Johnson (D-SD)
Kaine (D-VA)
King (I-ME)
Klobuchar (D-MN)
Landrieu (D-LA)
Leahy (D-VT)
Levin (D-MI)
McCaskill (D-MO)
Menendez (D-NJ)
Merkley (D-OR)
Mikulski (D-MD)
Murphy (D-CT)
Murray (D-WA)
Nelson (D-FL)
Reed (D-RI)
Reid (D-NV)
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Sanders (I-VT)
Schatz (D-HI)
Schumer (D-NY)
Shaheen (D-NH)
Stabenow (D-MI)
Udall (D-CO)
Udall (D-NM)
Warner (D-VA)
Warren (D-MA)
Whitehouse (D-RI)
Wyden (D-OR)

Folks: This needs to go viral. These Senators voted to let the UN come into our country and take OUR guns.

They need to lose their next election. We have been betrayed. 46 Senators Voted to Give our 2nd Amendment Constitutional Rights to the U.N.

If the Senate had ratified the treaty, there would be restrictions on the importation of many of the brands of guns used by hunters in the US. Remember, that not only guns made in Turkey, Spain, Belgium, Russia; but also American brands such as Winchester and Browning which have many models built in Japan would potentially be affected as well.

mdunc8, read the treaty, that your friend Obama had his buddy Kerry sign!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have read the Treaty and what Rhomas says isn't quite accurate.

Go read the document.

Nemont

Are you saying the treaty wouldn't have restricted or regulated the importation of guns into the US or the exportation of guns out of the US?

Are you saying the treaty wouldn't have restricted or regulated the importation of guns into the US or the exportation of guns out of the US?

I am saying that it wouldn't impact our 2nd amendment rights. Go read the document.

Nemont

I am saying that it wouldn't impact our 2nd amendment rights. Go read the document.

Nemont

That's not what the OP said. See post #4.

He said it would restrict/regulate the purchase of a foreign made hunting gun.

Are you denying that?

Last edited:
I'm sure the treaty has been discussed on here. The treaty has so much ambiguous language, it should be used as TP.

Heres what the OP said in POST #1:\

These Senators voted to let the UN come into our country and take OUR guns.

They need to lose their next election. We have been betrayed. 46 Senators Voted to Give our 2nd Amendment Constitutional Rights to the U.N.

This is NRA, the sky is falling, propoganda B.S.

Anyone that thinks UN agreements would trump the U.S. Constitution should probably start buying stock in tinfoil...

Good grief.

Heres what the OP said in POST #1:\

These Senators voted to let the UN come into our country and take OUR guns.

This is NRA, the sky is falling, propoganda B.S.

Anyone that thinks UN agreements would trump the U.S. Constitution should probably start buying stock in tinfoil...

Good grief.

Are you saying the Treaty doesn't regulate me buying a gun from Germany?

Why did it take the Supreme Court to give people of Chicago their Second Amendment rights?

I'm saying the treaty, if it would have passed, would not have taken away your second amendment rights. I'm also re-pointing out the original post made by the OP, clearly stated in English, that it would.

Thats a false statement/lie...period.

I'm saying the treaty, if it would have passed, would not have taken away your second amendment rights. I'm also re-pointing out the original post made by the OP, clearly stated in English, that it would.

Thats a false statement/lie...period.

Maybe, maybe not.

Is it my Second Amendment right to buy a rifle made in Japan?

I believe it is.

Buzz, can you address what the OP said in post #4 please.

Feel free to snug down the tinfoil hat while chasing red herrings and straw men all you want...I'm not one to get in the way of your make-believe paranoia.

I'm done addressing this nonsense.

Feel free to snug down the tinfoil hat while chasing red herrings and straw men all you want...I'm not one to get in the way of your make-believe paranoia.

I'm done addressing this nonsense.

Feel free to point to the part of the treaty that says it will not regulate me buying a Howa rife from Japan.

Intuitively obvious, even to a casual observer:

By a 54 to 46 vote the treaty failed to receive ratification.

Annnnnythinggggg else?

Intuitively obvious, even to a casual observer:

By a 54 to 46 vote the treaty failed to receive ratification.

Annnnnythinggggg else?

There is nothing from stopping a future Senate from ratifying the treaty.

Anything else?

Why don't you answer my questions?

Is it my Second Amendment right to buy a rifle made in Japan?

I believe it is.

No. The Second Amendment protects your right to keep and bear arms. It doesn't address you buying weapons in another country - or even this one.

The sky is falling approach used by many people only undermines honest efforts to protect our rights when free-thinking individuals, who will take the time to read documents and think for themselves, spot the obvious hyperbole/BS and wonder what other lines they're being fed.

Last edited:
Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back