MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Obama gets his way with the UN Gun Ban Treaty

You forgot the s in millions, meaning more than 1 :D

Rush is the most popular talk radio host and reportedly has about 15 million listeners (it is ironic that his viewers blame the mainstream media for America's ignorance when Rush and his ilk are the mainstream media). A typical strategy is to drag out someone with an idiotic viewpoint and portray that viewpoint as representative of "liberals." As you can see, even if a million people held those viewpoints it would be an insignificant fraction of the U.S. population, but his listeners can't seem to figure that out.

Rush is the most popular talk radio host and reportedly has about 15 million listeners (it is ironic that his viewers blame the mainstream media for America's ignorance when Rush and his ilk are the mainstream media). A typical strategy is to drag out someone with an idiotic viewpoint and portray that viewpoint as representative of "liberals." As you can see, even if a million people held those viewpoints it would be an insignificant fraction of the U.S. population, but his listeners can't seem to figure that out.

Your figure made as much sense as you do in your post. If Rush has that many listeners, you can bet your bottom that a large percentage of them are in his camp and not just listening because they disagree with him.

Your figure made as much sense as you do in your post. If Rush has that many listeners, you can bet your bottom that a large percentage of them are in his camp and not just listening because they disagree with him.

Wow, I can only guess you totally misread what I wrote. Why would you think I feel his listeners aren't in "his camp?"

Wow, I can only guess you totally misread what I wrote. Why would you think I feel his listeners aren't in "his camp?"

***Maybe because you took my "millions" statement down to 1 million in your first post like he's not talking for many people. Then I took it in your followup post to intimate that those 15 million listeners may not agree with his philosophies, while I think they do. There are probably a lot more that don't even listen to the radio that think along his lines and your million reference in the last post wasn't even referencing his listener base. You also reference "Rush and his ilk" being the mainstream media and I certainly disagree with you on that statement also. .

Last edited:
***Maybe because you took my "millions" statement down to 1 million in your first post like he's not talking for many people. Then I took it in your followup post to intimate that those 15 million listeners may not agree with his philosophies, while I think they do. There are probably a lot more that don't even listen to the radio that think along his lines and your million reference in the last post wasn't even referencing his listener base. You also reference "Rush and his ilk" being the mainstream media and I certainly disagree with you on that statement also. .

Well, just for the record, I do believe the vast majority of his listeners agree with his philosophies. I don't know how on earth you'd conclude otherwise.

Also, Rush and a few other conservative talk radio hosts (his ilk) and Fox News are the most followed shows in their respective fields. That is just a fact. They are now the mainstream.

On the other hand, I don't think most Americans agree with the original poster's paranoid feelings about Obama, no matter how much Rush stokes that fire. Although I'm sure "millions" do on that particular issue - it is just millions doesn't necessarily add up to much.

Oh I think I see what you are saying with the 15 million vs. 1 million. Don't lose any sleep over it; it is a minor point. :cool:

Well, just for the record, I do believe the vast majority of his listeners agree with his philosophies. I don't know how on earth you'd conclude otherwise.

Also, Rush and a few other conservative talk radio hosts (his ilk) and Fox News are the most followed shows in their respective fields. That is just a fact. They are now the mainstream.

On the other hand, I don't think most Americans agree with the original poster's paranoid feelings about Obama, no matter how much Rush stokes that fire. Although I'm sure "millions" do on that particular issue - it is just millions doesn't necessarily add up to much.

Splendid supposition Rob, Safe to say least 47%, not accounting for new dole recruits, do not agree with Rush.

Splendid supposition Rob, Safe to say least 47%, not accounting for new dole recruits, do not agree with Rush.

seeing as his listener-ship is only 15 million I'd say 95% of American's correctly think that he is a freaking blowhard :D

Seeing AS your readship is 0, why don't you just say nothing and keep your opinions to yourself.

It's getting a little nastier than I had intended over a single crack, followed by a :D, about the insignificance of a million people with today's population... ya'll have fun, I'll let you have your thread back.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WMNhunter09
Back