Caribou Gear Tarp

UN Gun Treaty

Pagosa

I just want inform everyone about a UN Gun Treaty that will undermine the 2nd. This treaty will give authorization to the UN to restrict the sale of firearms and ammo within the US. President Obama is showing full support of the treaty. The Senate with a majority vote is required to ratify a treaty. This treaty could be signed into international law by July 27, 2012. As responsible gun owners and US citizens I would encourage you to do three things.

1. You can read about the gun treaty through any internet search and then contact your Senator to express your concerns.

2. Donate to the NRA.

3. Inform others about this disregard of the US Constitution by Pres. Obama and Sec. Clinton.

Thanks - Preston Nelson

I'll go with option:

4. Bypass all of the above...save time and money and go read snopes.com.

It takes a 2/3 vote in the senate...International treaties do not supercede the constitution...the ATT is a conference not a treaty...the treaty (being thought of) would have nothing to do with US law, it would fill loopholes in illicit international trade of small arms...there is no way around the 2nd amendment except another amendment to the constitution or a very radical decision by the supreme court that would re-interpret an existing supreme court decision...Obama has done nothing to make me think he will enact any anti-gun legislation, in fact his actions as President have shown he is pro-gun.

Here I thought your letter to the CPW was nicely written and presented, and then you had to go with the gun lunacy.

I hope you are correct, but I'm afraid you are really mis-informed. As with any gun control measure the citizen loses his/her right to defend themselves. Read the scope of the treaty, which is small arms. Check out other sources, such as the Washington Post, Fox, etc. Pres. Obama is very anti-gun, anti-constitution, and yesterday gave one billion US dollars to the Muslim Brotherhood. Secondly, the Court only upheld anti gun control by one vote. There could be three new justices appointed during the next four years. I will read the snopes article.

...Obama has done nothing to make me think he will enact any anti-gun legislation, in fact his actions as President have shown he is pro-gun.

Not because I am interested in getting involved in the gun debate, but I am entertained by the comment that you think Obama is "pro-anything" other than getting re-elected and securing more votes (read: power) for him and his party. If he thought taking your guns, hunting rights, public land, ability to decide what you wanted to spend your owned hard earned money on (oh wait:rolleyes:) he would do it.

He is not Pro-gun, he is Pro-Obama

MinnesotaHunter- Please re-read what you quoted from me...I wrote Obama's actions have shown he is pro-gun and he has done nothing to make me believe he is anti-gun. He hasn't set forth any anti-gun legislation. There aren't any politicians that are pro anything other than what can get them elected. As far as changing ideas to gain votes Mitt Romney makes Obama look like an oak tree compared to a willow branch...

Who was it again that made the carrying of firearms in National Parks legal???

I always forget.

I'd also like a complete list of the anti-gun legislation that Obama has proposed since he has become president.

As to the original post:

th_TinFoilHatArea.jpg

Currently, the Senate already has informed Obama that the treaty, if signed, will not be ratified. The House has already passed legislation that would insure no funding to implement such a treaty. Also, it wasn't Obama himself that authorized gun carry in National Parks, it was actually Congressional action that achieved this. Obama may have been keeping quiet on the subject, although he made promises to Sarah Brady and other anti-s that "the time isn't right" when it comes to gun control measures. Just as he promised Putin to "wait until after the elections"!!!!!!!

The biggest fear that all gun owners should face, is that Obama has a penchant for using Executive Orders in order to circumvent the legislative process; ie his recess appointments and his protective order for Holder. How can anyone believe that this White House occupier isn't above going around Constitutional procedure in order to implement this treaty..........or any other means of gun control? Who honestly believes that the SCOTUS wouldn't again kiss his ass and go along with the dictator to be just as happened with the HCB?????

I have every confidence in the Congress, but have nothing but distrust for the liar in chief and the 8 stooges on the bench!!!!!!!!

MattK

I misunderstood what you were saying. It appeared to me that you were validating your opinion a that he was Pro-gun by citing his actions. I believe we agree.

I am not a fanatical gun-rights person, but I am distrustful of our elected representatives, and their constant "head-fakes" to try and gain votes. Regarding politicians from either side of the isle, there are very few politicians I will defend, as I believe most will tell me whatever they think I want to hear. I actually feel bad for those politicians out there who are doing their honest best to do what is right for their constituents, and actually see them selves as "servants" rather than "leaders".

rhomas,

Snug that tin-foil hat down.

This anti-gun talk is a bunch of bullshit, period. The Supreme court has already ruled on, and upheld the Second, and like MattK said, the SC would have to reverse their own decision through another court case. About as likely to happen as finding the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, or Tooth Fairy.

Where do you come up with the SECOND being circumvented by Executive Order? Latest BS in some NRA mag?

Also, if we must get down to the "facts" on who has done the most in the last 40 years to enact gun regulations, look no further than the Republican Party....Reagan also included in your "liar in chief" comment? Unlike Obama, who has passed NO GUN CONTROL measures...he actually did.

In 1969, journalist William Safire asked Richard Nixon what he thought about gun control. "Guns are an abomination," Nixon replied. According to Safire, Nixon went on to confess that, "Free from fear of gun owners' retaliation at the polls, he favored making handguns illegal and requiring licenses for hunting rifles."

It was President George Bush, Sr. who banned the import of "assault weapons" in 1989, and promoted the view that Americans should only be allowed to own weapons suitable for "sporting purposes."

It was Governor Ronald Reagan of California who signed the Mulford Act in 1967, "prohibiting the carrying of firearms on one's person or in a vehicle, in any public place or on any public street." The law was aimed at stopping the Black Panthers, but affected all gun owners.

Twenty-four years later, Reagan was still pushing gun control. "I support the Brady Bill," he said in a March 28, 1991 speech, "and I urge the Congress to enact it without further delay."

One of the most aggressive gun control advocates today is Republican mayor Rudolph Giuliani of New York City, whose administration sued 26 gun manufacturers in June 2000, and whose police commissioner, Howard Safir, proposed a nationwide plan for gun licensing, complete with yearly "safety" inspections.

Another Republican, New York State Governor George Pataki, on August 10, 2000, signed into law what The New York Times called "the nation’s strictest gun controls," a radical program mandating trigger locks, background checks at gun shows and "ballistic fingerprinting" of guns sold in the state. It also raised the legal age to buy a handgun to 21 and banned "assault weapons," the sale or possession of which would now be punishable by seven years in prison.

Also, you still havent provided the list of anti-gun legislation that Obama has introduced.

I suspect I'll be waiting for a long time for that list...but I'm sure I wont have to wait long for the, "Yeah, buts...."

Fortunately, most senators know that if they vote to ratify that treaty, they probably will no get re-elected in this country.

And YES, Obama is very anti-gun. He is just trying to figure out ways to do it that does not envolve legislation because he knows that won't fly in the U.S. Fast and Furious was an attempt to make it look like gun control was a necessity because they are out of control. It backfired on them.

Fortunately, there are parts of the process that even King Obama cannot subvert. One of those is not being able to automatically accept treaties without the approval of lawmakers.

We are in bad shape, however, if he gets another term, because he will think he has a referendum on his policies.

sbhooper,

Still wating on that list of anti-gun legislation that Obama has proposed....

Also, can you please list how much more difficult it is to purchase a firearm now than it was 4 years ago?

Thanks in advance.

sbhooper,

I am pretty sure "Fast and Furious" wasn't a conspiracy to inspire gun control. I think it is more like "good initiative" (track/capture/kill drug cartel members), but "bad judgement" (stupid method to accomplish the previously mentioned goal). It did make good FOX News fodder though.

BuzzH,

I am guessing if we could get another "He (Kanye West) is a jackass" moment, and someone asked Obama what he thought about guns we would find his actions have not been congruent with his personal beliefs. I am not saying he is coming after our guns, but I am not not convinced he cares whether we have them or not.

He may not care one way or the other...but.

Think of the political fall-out from anything that would ban the sale or ownership of firearms.

Every gun manufacturer...out of business. All businesses that manufacture shooting components, gunsmiths, sporting goods stores, shooting sports, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

We're talking many, many billions of dollars that directly, or indirectly rely on firearm ownership...

Money gets the attention of politicians...no matter what their personal beliefs may be. Of course, theres always that pesky Second that will always get in the way.

In think the Democrats learned that gun issues are political kryptonite to them especially in the West. I highly doubt our current MT Senators would vote for anything that looks or smells like gun control. Ask Baucus how much his vote for the Brady Bill him cost politically.

While I don't think the U.N. is a very useful organization or even a very honest one, I don't fear us subordinating our Constitution to the U.N. Especially on gun control issues.

Whether the President is pro or anti gun is meaningless if he doesn't touch the issue.

As for the SCOTUS being all stooges I guess those who profess love for the Constitution like everything about it except when if works against what their politics are. If you really the ACA decision is a terrible thing you should read the actual opinions and what it actually does.

Nemont

Last edited:
Well I dont trust any of them in Washington,,I`m spending all of my extra dollars on ammo,,just in case they do come to take my guns,,all they are gonna get is Lead

"Think of the political fall-out from anything that would ban the sale or ownership of firearms."

Wait and see what happens if BO is re-elected and doesn't have any worries because he can't run for a third term. Anyone who has looked deeply into the Fast & Furious debacle whould know that BO and Holder were complicit from the start in running that project to gain a huge negative groundswell against private firearm ownership. Now Holder won't produce documents that would slit both their throats if they were forthcoming and BO signs another Executive Priviledge order to keep from producing the documents requested by Congress that would nail both their asses to the cross. How about the hundreds of thousands of our military firearms that South Korea gave back to the US recently and that are normally sold to legal US civilians under a program that has existed in this country for decades. BO signed another Executive Order precluding the sale of those firearms as being detrimental to the US if they got out into civilian ownership. This guy, if you look back into what little poiltical records are available, is about as anti gun as Sarah Brady herself and if he's re-elected IMHO some of you are going to be eating humble pie while others of us will be saying we told you so! This President is about as good as they get in being one sneaky SOB for creating Czars for everything under the sun and signing a number of Executive Orders that get around things that should go through Congress. Oh, and don't forget the great Obamacare Bill stuffed down our throats that the majority of the populace does not want or would not have voted for if allowed! Before anyone says that I'm voting for Romney to replace him they have another thought coming because he and the Republican Party sucks the big weenie just like the other major party in our country. I have said it before and I will say it again. Until there are campaign finance laws instituted that severely restrict how much a candidate can spend on an election and they are strictly enforced so that a third party candidate has a legitimate shot at the Presidency, our country will continue to be in deep dodo!

Last edited:
Read The Full Article Here:
http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNews/idUSTRE59E0Q920091015
U.S. reverses stance on treaty to regulate arms trade WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States reversed policy on Wednesday and said it would back launching talks on a treaty to regulate arms sales as long as the talks operated by consensus, a stance critics said gave every nation a veto. The decision, announced in a statement released by the U.S. State Department, overturns the position of former President George W. Bush's administration, which had opposed such a treaty on the grounds that national controls were better. On Wednesday Obama Took the First Major Step in a Plan to Ban All Firearms in the United States. The Obama administration intends to force gun control and a complete ban on all weapons for US citizens through the signing of international treaties with foreign nations. By signing international treaties on gun control, the Obama administration can use the US State Department to bypass the normal legislative process in Congress. Once the US Government signs these international treaties, all US citizens will be subject to those gun laws created by foreign governments. These are laws that have been developed and promoted by organizations such as the United Nations and individuals such as George Soros and Michael Bloomberg. The laws are designed and intended to lead to the complete ban and confiscation of all firearms. The Obama administration is attempting to use tactics and methods of gun control that will inflict major damage to our 2nd Amendment before US citizens even understand what has happened. Obama can appear before the public and tell them that he does not intend to pursue any legislation (in the United States) that will lead to new gun control laws, while cloaked in secrecy, his Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton is committing the US to international treaties and foreign gun control laws. Does that mean Obama is telling the truth?
Obama and the truth have never met. He is the most consummate liar there is.

What it means is that there will be no publicized gun control debates in the media or votes in Congress. We will wake up one morning and find that the United States has signed a treaty that prohibits firearm and ammunition manufacturers from selling to the public. We will wake up another morning and find that the US has signed a treaty that prohibits any transfer of firearm ownership. And then, we will wake up yet another morning and find that the US has signed a treaty that requires US citizens to deliver any
firearm they own to the local government collection and destruction center or face imprisonment.
This is not a joke or a false warning. As sure as government health care will be forced on us by the Obama administration through whatever means necessary, so will gun control. Please forward this message to others who may be concerned about the direction in which our country is headed.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wisco94
Back