PEAX Equipment

Things found while hunting!!

I've found a couple of bison horns in Eastern MT. I also found an old loaded buffalo cartridge in WY last year hunting pronghorn.

Arrowheads, one of two lenscaps I'd lost...fresh brass, not of the caliber any allowed hunters were using (poacher brass)...my knife sheath, atv keys.

mtmiller said:
Found a couple lesbians making out on a log one time while bow hunting. Guess I am not too sneaky, they caught me stalking in for a closer look. They boogied, but forgot a pair of sun glasses. Guess that is about all I have ever found.

Miller you blew it... you could have scored a "double"hump

I found a belt with a knife... next to a large pile of shit.:eek:

Back when I was a kid, 16 maybe, I mountain biked into an area and lost my wallet. All I really had in it was $2, a Huntin' liscense, and maybe my ASB card. Still pretty bumbed out though. Almost a year later, got a package from the G&F department, and the wallet was in it.....even the 2 bucks. Been almost 20yrs. and I haven't forgot that....kinda cool thing for a someone to do.

I have lost a set of binoculars, knives, and about 30 mini-MagLites. I don't know where they go.... :confused:

One of my hunting buddies always seems to lose the Motorola 2-way radio that he borrows from me..... I now have a pair of "unmatched" radios.... |oo

I have found a backpack loaded with "survivalist" crap/manuals (must not have worked....) :eek: , and I occasionally seem to find Spark Plug wires for ATVs. :D

I've found quite a bit of stuff, a couple arrowheads, buffalo horns, various deer/elk antlers, fanny pack with a knife and box of 7mm cartridges, half a box of 30/30's, a leatherman, duck decoys, and traps, but nothing too valuable.

I've also found spark plug wires and valve stems from atv's...almost like they were cut with a knife.

Awesome finds guys! Also, unfortunatley, AWESOME losses too! IB, next time I hunt with you, you can walk first.. that way I can pick up all those things you loose!

There was a story on the news a while ago about a hunter finding a body. I feel for some of those guys that hunt along the Mexican Boarder. Some of the border crosser's dont always make it.

Does a hike count? I was hiking with my girlfriend years ago when we found a nice soft patch of grass. We were "going to town" when a troop of Boy Scouts walked in on us! What an awesome memory! Something those young boys won't ever forget!

JohnSWA, that sort of stuff they don't teach the boy scouts right? At least they didn't when I was in. LOL....

Last summer we walked up on a gal squatting to pee and later saw the other nude sun bathers in one of our best fishing holes. I don't think I can look at that fishing spot the same again....

Bear hunting several springs back I found a fossilized fern at around 6,800 feet... laying about a foot away was an ancient 30-06 case marked 1918 on the head stamp!

Wonder if those boyscouts earned there "pup tent" merrit badge.. LOL

Brad,
Thats a waaaaaaay cool find! Did you hapen to take any pics?

Cool Finds!
I think the coolest thing I have found are several arrow points and an unmarked cemetary on the farm we purchased. All the head stones are about 80 to 110 years old (some of the oldest are carved from lighter knots) Some pottery parts in New Mex.

I have lost a bunch of stuff (my boots and pack with some new swaros, its a good thing quiensabe found that one) Hats, a few mini mag lights, quite a few arrows.
Now I do that move Moosie told me about, 3 steps turns around and look back.
That would be AFTER you have stopped. Sounds like some others could use that habit.
I have not lost anything since then!

I ALWAYS take a couple Steps, Look back after a Break and Scan the Area. Even though my Bino's are on my Chest I put my hand to it to make sure , Usually tap my pockets, and think for a Min what I had loose in the area. It has been a Dang good habit to get into.

"IB, next time I hunt with you, you can walk first.. "

Browtine, Thats what I like to do when I find sheds. IB walks over them, Kicks them and I walk behind him when he doesn't see them........ :p

Brandon, no pics but I did pick them both up and still have them if I can find them! I'll post a pic sometime.

I mis-spoke, the fossil wasn't a fern it was a leaf... I did find a fossilized fern once, but the one from the bear hunt looked like an aspen leaf. I've also found obsidian chips from some local indian whacking away while making points... the closeset obsidian source from where I found them is 60 miles south in Yellowstone. I've also found arrowheads and spear points, but not while hunting.

Generally I find candy wrappers and bud cans...

Speaking of Boy scout groups.... My Wifes church group floated down the River and 2 people were going at it on the Beach around a Corner. There was a 2nd guy there and I heard it was Aquard in the boats. The people tried to play it off but knew they were busted...... OOPS !!!!!

One time Hunting I found a BIG buck.... OK, you got me, I never have .. :( :(

I found a guy with his ass kicked once,,seems he had some spark plug wires and valve stems in his hands!

I am definetly in the negative here. The most recent, On my trip to Co. in 05. On opening day I climbed up the Hill to the a good peak, sat there and glassed for a while it got hot so I took my new knife and cut a piece of rope to tie my coat to my backpack. When I reached the road I felt for my knife, and, well if anyone happens to drive up horseback rd, in Eagle. go about a mile in look north and up and go get yourself a knife.

Browtine, Thats what I like to do when I find sheds. IB walks over them, Kicks them and I walk behind him when he doesn't see them........
It was only a 70" 4-point. Just to small to waste my time with. :)

Back