Caribou Gear Tarp

Things found while hunting!!

Found an M1 carbine with a broken stock once while out grouse hunting. Was in perfect shape other than the broken stock, replaced the stock and now it's a fun little gun to plink with. Found a couple of knives. Found a cooler full of beer at a standard pull off the road to piss spot. Found a guy at his camp with one of my treestands he had stolen. He then found his ass up between his shoulder blades.

My best find has been a old winchester model 1894 25-20, found it on a doe hunt with a buddy of mine in oregon, was belly crawling up to a ridge and all that was sticking out of the ground was about 4 inchs of barrel. The stocks was gone, but on the way home I remebered they also had the steel butt plate so I went out the next day and found it also. I mounted it on an old peice of barn wood and it hangs in my living room. I have found all sorts of stuff, arrowheads, all sorts of camping gear, found a butane torch once, couple wallets, several grunt tubes, self inflating air matress. In 1999 up around lost lake out of tamarak, while bear hunting they were having a swingers campout, that was interesting also, but never got the nerve to drive down and join in. Many countless small items, from arrows to gloves, solar shower left in a tree, etc, etc.

Not that much - a bunch of fossilized sea shells one time at Fort Hunter Liggett, on top of a ridge while quail hunting. I brought some home, and one of my daughters and my ex-wife have them. A few old rifle cartridge cases, mostly .30-30. A few old cabin sites and the site of a 1930s plane crash in the San Gabriel mountains. We did find an old crash site of a WWII bomber on the side of Mt. San Gorgonio at about 11,000 feet. One guy carried a landing gear strut out.

We where up Elk hunting and a elcomino (SP) came down the road and stopped at are camp. They had poked a hole in there oil pan when they got stuck up the mountain. Keep in mind there is about a foot of snow on the ground. Anyway we fixed them up and off they went. That afternoon we left to go hunting and had a good oil trail up the road to follow. we stopped where they had got stuck and I found where the oil had started, So I kick the snow around to find a .357 revolver in great shape with a newly fired cartridge in it. We got back in and whet hunting, On the way back down I told my dad I wanted to try to find the holster for it so we stopped and under all the snow I found it... That was a cool find...

I,personally,have found an abundance of rocks and leaves along with trees of many different types.And if I'm really lucky,I might spot a piece of rotten wood.

I actually found a $100 bill while out quail hunting near Bartlett Lake. It was my brother, my dad, and me. The quail were real tight, and we had to stop every few yards to try to spook them. I was standing next to a big saguaro and looked over and that $100 bill was sticking out of a cactus wren hole. Figured someone lost it at the lake and a bird picked it up for nesting material. It was like hitting the lottery!!!

Also.....JohnSWA

How long ago was that and where? Because about 15-20 years ago, my boy scout troop happened upon a couple doing the nasty on the backside of Bartlett Lake.

Amazing...I really need to get back to Bartlett soon...it seems I have some pretty good memories there!!!!

I have an old 1894 25-20 I found in a cabin as a kid. It is still shootable too, bore is hammered from black powder tho. Have also found a pistol grip attachment for tripod/spotting scope, a 5th wheel hitch, couple of knives, many arrowheads & flint tools, mano's & matates (the grinding stones), tipi rings, indian ruins, petroglyphs and more trash from illegals than you can imagine. When I am out hunting if I find chippings then I start looking for arrowheads and the animals go free for while. I no longer bend over for pot shards.

I am not that good at finding stuff, but the losses have piled up. I have lost gloves knives, you name it. (Except the rifle, never lost that one)

My Dad on the other hand always finds stuff. To this day he has found two tents flying down the highway. He always finds my stuff when I lose it too, its pretty funny.

I found a body, but I guess that doesn't count as I was looking for him, rather than hunting.

browtine: it was a search and rescue related find. finding people is a lot like scouting for animals- lots of glassing, and, in this case, tracking. I was leading a tracking team when we cut a set of tracks. even though the tracks were 4 days old, the weather had been cooperative(summertime in utah). While glassing ahead of the tracks, I spotted the victim, he had slipped and rolled down the hillside. we were 4 days too late.
Most of our finds have a lot better ending, but that one unfortunately didn't.

ah, I see. What county are you in?!?!? And sorry to hear the out come of that S&R

Found an old buffalo skull in my home area in eastern MT, half buried. My mom still has it in her flower garden 24 years later.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back