Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

The "Silence" Sitka film

I can dig the attention to detail and level of commitment, but the talking down at everyone and general pissy attitude is really distracting imo. Maybe I'm sensitive, ha.

My exact thoughts. Reminds me of a football coach I had. Gets your attention, but there is little respect because little is given. Had another coach I would give anything for.

The good news is that a new season of Meat Eater is coming in a week!

Personally, I thought that was pretty funny. Worth watching for a laugh..

The dude is not one that would have put in my film due to his personality. That having been said, one thing that I have often discussed with friends out here in the west is western hunting versus my experience with midwest whitetail hunting. Western hunting is on a grander scale, finding the animals is more difficult to locate and can vary immensely BUT can also be MUCH more forgiving. With respect to noise (including gun shots), movement and scent ( and I am speaking about tree stand hunting where the wind is not something you can move to adjust for) you simply cannot get by with the same things. So some of the information is good......presentation is over the top and extreme.

Funny vid. He is over the top and reminds me of myself in many ways. The difference is I hide my OCD, as it annoys other people :)

I’d like to spend a day with him. No doubt I’d learn something. His personality reminds me of my Marine DIs. The details matter. As I’ve gotten older, I’ve become lax/lazy in a few things in life. The video showed me that I need to tighten up a few things.
Besides, bald guys have to stick together!

Whole lot of fluff there.

You can bark out orders, moleskin and tape up everything, but when the big buck shows up the guy needs the experience not to shit himself and rattle the arrow off 2 feet over the back. That is something you cannot teach.

If Sitka (or fill in the brand) didn't have it's name on the film, would it even have been discussion worthy?
Shit tons of these look at me, this, my, etc. on youtube and no one cares. For good reason.
The industry and the "professionals"...............................

Why would they have screw in steps already in place, but bring in their own stands? talk about unneeded movement and sound! I would be more concerned about screwing in a bow holder looking like I am doing jumping jacks than a whisper of noise that travels 5 yards.

The success at that place in shooting big bucks has more to do with the location and management of the bucks than hockey tape.

Finally watched it, and definitely not for me.

I don't think killing giant animals and having a sense of humor are mutually exclusive, although it certainly seems like this dude has convinced himself of that.

I stand by my earlier comment though. I would love more pieces on accomplished hunters.

Were I hunt whitetails I am more apt to get screwed up by a guy walking his dog or the school bus dropping off kids than my bow rattling.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back