The "Silence" Sitka film

Over the top sensationalism for film I hope.

Reminds me of my old wrestling coach, a man I highly respect. Of course, I didn't pay him who knows how much to work my a$$ off and we were a bunch of punk high school kids. Wonder how he'd react to a miss or worse yet a gut shot?

I have no doubt his level of detail his helpful. On several occasions I have been busted by the slightest unepected little noise in freezing, still late season hunts.

Last whitetail I shot was last November... came running up to myself and my uncle and this three legged dog that followed us, stopped at 30 yards while we discussed in regular voices whether we should kill him. The conclusion was that there was only 5 hours left in the season and it would be good meat. To not hurt anyone’s ears we directed the dog behind us, told my uncle to cover his ears, I took the time to put my earplugs in, raised my rifle toward the buck that was still standing there, and blasted him in the throat patch.
Not a big buck, and evidently never would be with that level of cunning elusiveness.

3FF808D3-28BD-4878-9840-AD1E0FAF83DC.jpeg

I shot this buck a few years ago. He was moving at a pretty good clip after he was bumped by a school bus that stopped to pick up a little guy I could glass and see he was carrying a Spider man lunch box. No hockey tape.View attachment 116743

...hope you had the Carhart zips muffled...Sitka + hocktape= Gauche

No kidding NHY

This got me thinking, also lots of years ago I hunted near a High School football field. I could hear the play by play while hunting. I’m sure when the band cranked up it would have pushed Sitka’s drill Sargent right off the edge of the stand.

Last whitetail I shot was last November... came running up to myself and my uncle and this three legged dog that followed us, stopped at 30 yards while we discussed in regular voices whether we should kill him. The conclusion was that there was only 5 hours left in the season and it would be good meat. To not hurt anyone’s ears we directed the dog behind us, told my uncle to cover his ears, I took the time to put my earplugs in, raised my rifle toward the buck that was still standing there, and blasted him in the throat patch.
Not a big buck, and evidently never would be with that level of cunning elusiveness.

View attachment 116739

That dog is so damn proud.

When you could buy 5 ‘river bottom’ doe tags west of Missoula, when I was a kid we would road hunt does with bows after school.
Filled some freezers stepping off the side of the road from an idling 4 wheeler.
#sickforit

At first I thought this was a parody. Like they probably had to do 50 outtakes due to snorting and smirking while trying to keep a straight face. Then I got about 2 minutes in and there was no SNL-like punchline yet, so maybe this guy is really serious? Didn't watch the rest to find out. I would trade a 10 year drought of bow-hunting to avoid 1 day of hunting like this dude. When I hunt I have fun, relax, and laugh at myself. Things I care about: soaking in the sunlight, breathing fresh air, watching birds and squirrels, feeling at ease, feeling grateful to live in America and hunt on public land. Killing a trophy is maybe 5% of the total equation (hence my relatively empty walls).

I think the tone of the film is just marketing. There are many kinds of hunting videos aimed at different hunter personalities. The anal, overly serious ones need something to watch, so some more advertisers can get paid, I guess.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back