Caribou Gear

The shootings just won't stop

Status
Not open for further replies.
About as good as the fishing for rooster fish and mahi-mahi in Wyoming.

There is a way to capture the best of both worlds, and I'm doing it.
Are you aiming to be the Farris Wilks of Costa Rica? :D

It’s messed up. Something’s gotta give, just don’t know what.
For starters though, shooter identity shouldn’t be made public, ever. They should get zero notoriety and simply be made to rot in prison in perpetuity.
No rotting in Prison!!! Tired of paying for scum criminals! Fair trial, one appeal and once the due process is over... to the chair/needle or firing squad. I'm not a bible thump-er, but I believe in God and religion may not be for everyone, but it sets a societies moral and ethical compass and we (USA) have turned our backs on religion. Our society is ill and not one more law will fix it! We have to root out evil and kill it! Make it VERY unpleasant to be on the wrong side of the societal norms! Hell. I'm for televising the executions on prime time!

This is and will always be, in my heart and soul…the best country in the world….
“One Nation Under God!!!”
It’s always the people have never possessed a passport who say this. We have arguably less rights. We pay arguably more taxes and there is no question we revive less value from what they take. Mercia!

No rotting in Prison!!! Tired of paying for scum criminals! Fair trial, one appeal and once the due process is over... to the chair/needle or firing squad. I'm not a bible thump-er, but I believe in God and religion may not be for everyone, but it sets a societies moral and ethical compass and we (USA) have turned our backs on religion. Our society is ill and not one more law will fix it! We have to root out evil and kill it! Make it VERY unpleasant to be on the wrong side of the societal norms! Hell. I'm for televising the executions on prime time!
The country you desire exists in the Middle East.

Actually, my father had/has an ar, m1-a1, m1 carbine, sks, n the list goes on n on way before ‘89. I used to build rifle stocks in shop class when I was a freshman and sophomore, my friend built a full size, functional civil war cannon; won best in show at the state industrial art show, one of my stocks placed best in category.
I will listen n try to change; the field of emergency medicine changes daily
But some things do change for the worse.
I said those are my OPINIONS, and I am open to listening to other opinions.
On of my friends in the fire department and I are on completely different ends of the political spectrum but we would both have great discussions on our differences; during the Hillary Trump debates and find common ground
That’s one thing in our country that has changed for the worse, no working across the isle.
For me to state my opinion n u attacking me, without any knowledge of me….well that says volumes
Back to the original, I feel we have changed as a country; and I have been many places in Europe, multiple times, on vacation, multiple places…played rugby for years, high school, Marine Corps, Texas Select side, married to a girl from Mexico going on 29 years…so I have been exposed to many different thoughts, cultures, and ways of life
love it, but it’s not the U.S.A.
S/F

Haven't gotten all details yet, but I guess my cousin and her husband were at the parade yesterday. Her husband ran into a storefront of some kind to get out of the line of fire with the three youngest and she and the other kid got separated somehow and were able to jump in a car with someone as they sprinted down the street.

Haven't gotten all details yet, but I guess my cousin and her husband were at the parade yesterday. Her husband ran into a storefront of some kind to get out of the line of fire with the three youngest and she and the other kid got separated somehow and were able to jump in a car with someone as they sprinted down the street.
Glad they were able to get out of there.

Proverbs 14:34
Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.

Psalms 9:17
The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.

2 Chronicles 7:14
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
EA6712F4-9125-40D3-BCBC-8DD7181BE4E0.png

Sitting in my wife's hospital room and the news came on about a mass shooting at a parade this morning in Highland Park near Chicago. 6 dead and 24 wounded right now. Rifle, young white male, on the run as of a few minutes ago.

And yet the amoral/immoral media will immortalize its name, paving the way for troubled souls craving fame by any means possible. It should be illegal, or at least unthinkable, for its name to be mentioned in the public forum.

I don't know the answer to this and it's not its not exactly something easy to have trusty Google answer for you but I've often wondered if we even do have a problem with gun violence. Hear me out.

Our US population has skyrocketed over the last 100 years and therefore, gun violence should as well. So per capita, I wonder how it would compare. I've read books and seen movies/shows about the mobsters of the 20s and 30s and the drug empires of the 70s.

I found this from the Pew research center that helps paint a picture.

View attachment 228600
that's interesting - it looks like there could be a correlation with rise and fall of the economy?

So really, what you’re saying is Taliban tactics here in the US.

Genius.

Welcome to Hunt Talk.

There is just a lot of bad in the world. That’s not new, but it does seem to be accelerating here in the US.

The only tiny bit of difference any us can make is by being (and raising) good people, being nice to others, and helping those who need it.

Everyone is looking for the grand solution, but if everyone (self certainly included) just made the effort to be a little less of an ahole I think it would make a world of difference.

I'm not attacking you at all, that was not my intention, in fact what I'm trying to say is given what you said about yourself, you like most folks/ all? on the forum are not the issue.

My critique is on the general unwillingness of responsible gun owners to say that some irresponsible things have been done, and that there are some really irresponsible practices still occurring.

I don't understand why it's controversial at all, to say (not responding to you, but in general) "hey shooting ranges can be a little scary these days because of all the jabronis, the number of idiots blasting TVs on public lands has gotten crazy, and there are a lot of sketchy folks buying guns".

Just as there are a lot of adult onset hunters out there, there are a ton of adult onset gun owners and they latter aren't getting any kind of instruction, training, or vetting.

An AR isn't a electric weed eater... maybe we need to rethink some things.
You bring up some awesome points. And I agree 100%. The part that troubles me still comes back to the simple fact that if these folks are going to do these terrible things, it doesn’t matter what we do, they are still going to find a way and get it done. I’m fairly convinced, we could actually 100% ban firearms across the board in the country, and this crap is still going to happen. And it’s a hard pill to swallow that the only people that will truly be restricted by any new legislation, are those of us that aren’t the problem. And we will “comply” because that’s what we do. We follow the laws. Do I think something needs done?? Sure do!! Do I know what that is?? Nope. But taking away the whole classes recess and other privileges because one or two individuals refuse to play by the rules is asinine. It’s just as bad as the everyone gets a trophy mentality. Personal accountability and responsibility are long a thing of the past and it’s absolutely heartbreaking. Still the greatest country on earth so far IMO and @BuzzH is actually spot on that this is actually something we probably are all just going to need to get a little more used too. It’s the trade off. And if that’s what it is, as heartless as it may sound…. I’ll take freedom everyday. While my heart still goes out to the victims of such heinous acts of stupidity and cruelty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back