Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

The shootings just won't stop

Status
Not open for further replies.
“I’m packing up and leaving this vacation destination I’ve been living in for an even more exclusive vacation destination! I can’t take it!”
"I'm a typical American corporation. I'm making plenty of profit here with American workers, but I can farm the same jobs out to foreign labor and make even more! I can take their jobs away to maximize profit!"....done deal.

The nerve of an American retiree to live more comfortably in another country, that's unpatriotic.

I'll use the same excuse Corporate America does "it's not personal, it's just business".

Has anyone seen an actual report as to what the weapon was? Odd since it seems to usually be one of the early details given in shooting reports, maybe I overlooked it.

Ok, let's see what we can do. We've toss the 1st and 5th amendment out into the trash, god forbid we touch the 2nd on a 150+ year old document. It's to taboo to even talk about it. I'm surprised their isn't a 50 shades of 2nd out there. We've stripped women's rights away and you now are don't have the right to clean air or water. Man, what a start to the Summer it's been. Oh and the police shot another unarmed black man 60 times in Ohio.
Who’s this “we”?

Go away canuck troll
1657032487362.gif

Has anyone seen an actual report as to what the weapon was? Odd since it seems to usually be one of the early details given in shooting reports, maybe I overlooked it.
Just that it’s been described as a high-powered rifle and that it was legally obtained.

Proverbs 14:34
Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.

Psalms 9:17
The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.

2 Chronicles 7:14
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

People problem not a gun problem. I really would hate to think its some middle-aged guy who's IRA is down 400K and is about to loose his farm and trucking company because of the hyper inflation Putin caused and he didn't draw a wyoming elk tag and fears he never will because of 90-10 and he can't get anyone to drive truck for him because they make to much money off the system and they have a million reasons why they don't need to work.

At least we're number 1 in something.
Also, we lead the world in percentage of population incarcerated. We have to feed the beast. Violent offenses by youth fell and seemed to line-up with transition from leaded fuel sales. However, this also lined up with Roe v Wade. I guess we will sort out this mystery about 2037.

Okay, my thoughts…bit of history…born n raised in San Antonio, outdoors all my life, Marine Corps, now firefighter/paramedic for 24yrs
In high school; grad ‘89, during September the coaches would call football practice early the day before the game and most of us; including the coaches, would pile into a couple trucks n go dove hunting behind the ag barn. We all had shotguns in our trucks at school!!! Game warden would be there n check limits n everything. Our high school sat on the border of city limits. No mass shootings, no fights involving those evil firearms at a school.
What has changed; in my opinion, Family values went down the crapper! No fear of punishment, no fear of God!, entitlement, no respect for authority, no work ethic.
Kids, adults, people in general seem to be more selfish and spoiled now. I see it daily on my job; mental health yes n no, I think some changes in my above thoughts would change things but quick.
All my humble opinions

"I'm a typical American corporation. I'm making plenty of profit here with American workers, but I can farm the same jobs out to foreign labor and make even more! I can take their jobs away to maximize profit!"....done deal.

The nerve of an American retiree to live more comfortably in another country, that's unpatriotic.

I'll use the same excuse Corporate America does "it's not personal, it's just business".
I like Portuguese food. Damn Federal government has those Portuguese sheeple under the heel of oppression. Poor bastards have no idea of what it is to be a patriot. No 50-round combat arm to guard their home yet somehow are free to this day. No pro-gun organization in Portugal led by a leader wearing $1000 shirts tailored in Bev Hills and keeping an apartment in D.C. for a worthy, young female intern. Hmmmmm. I thought the big bad wolf could only be kept at bay with vigilance and frequent donations plus tailored shirts, obviously. Anyway, you’ll get my Pastéis de Nata when you peel away my cold, dead fingers.

Okay, my thoughts…bit of history…born n raised in San Antonio, outdoors all my life, Marine Corps, now firefighter/paramedic for 24yrs
In high school; grad ‘89, during September the coaches would call football practice early the day before the game and most of us; including the coaches, would pile into a couple trucks n go dove hunting behind the ag barn. We all had shotguns in our trucks at school!!! Game warden would be there n check limits n everything. Our high school sat on the border of city limits. No mass shootings, no fights involving those evil firearms at a school.
What has changed; in my opinion, Family values went down the crapper! No fear of punishment, no fear of God!, entitlement, no respect for authority, no work ethic.
Kids, adults, people in general seem to be more selfish and spoiled now. I see it daily on my job; mental health yes n no, I think some changes in my above thoughts would change things but quick.
All my humble opinions

When you were just out of diapers, the first mass killer that registered in my memory, shot up the campus in Austin, Texas, not far from your home town. No doubt there were earlier shootings. That guy was a former marine so he knew his way around firearms.

Austin texas mass killer

So maybe family values were already in the crapper, but I don't think anyone can point to a time where there were no problems in society. The two most common factors in the overwhelming percentage of these mass killings is a mental disorder and ready access to semi-automatic weapons.

We have not confronted either one. The first one is a perpetual reality of the human condition. There will always be people struggling with mental illness. It will never disappear. We could more effectively help people with mental illness, but it will be an ongoing situation. The second one...we choose not to do anything. So shootings will continue to happen, you can bank on it.

If I was an advertising man for the anti- gun lobby, the video from this shooting is a perfect ad. You have people celebrating the 4th and then the sound of a semi-automatic rifle enters the scene. At first, people think it might be fireworks or something. Then they realize what is up and run for cover. The only other audio needed is some one at the end asking "Why do allow this to continue?"

I find it interesting the portion of our community who blindly refuse to acknowledge how things have change.

Is it safe to assume your parents taught you to shoot/safe gun handling? That you took hunter's ed? That you went hunting with adults until you got to an age were you could go solo? Safe to assume that those teaching you about guns drilled responsibility and safe handling into you?

I'm assuming in 89' neither you nor anyone in your family had an AR? Then for all of your 20s they were banned.

During that entire period there was 0 marketing about "tactical" gear/, guns were marketed as either hunting implements or handguns as personal defense correct?

We have a pile of threads about 3Rs in hunting and then about Depublicize, Deglority, Demonetize hunting? Essentially that over marketing has harmed the sport. I think everyone will admit that while Matt Rinella's critique is uncomfortable to read, that he makes some good points.

This has also happened with shooting sports, IMHO.

If you are a member of hunttalk you by default have a huge blind spot, because you hunt and therefore were legally required to do firearm safety. There isn't a member on here under what? 40? That didn't take a class. When we think of various classes of weapons we tend to think of them given that perspective.

We also own firearms for a specific purpose, hunting/target shooting/defense.

I have zero issues with anyone on the forum who owns ARs, I love seeing huntingwife's threads about coyote hunting. I definitely don't think we are safer buy restricting what she can buy or own.

That said, the reality we as responsible gun owners need to wrap our heads around, guns are being purchased by a crap ton of irresponsible people.

A huge share of gun purchases are down by < 25 year old dudes, who live in the burbs who don't hunt, who haven't and will not end up taking a safety class, and have no interest in competitive shooting, and obviously were never part of the armed services.

Why are they buying guns? Marketing.

Seems like maybe we need to Depublicize, Deglority, Demonetize "black guns".

You think this is BS, spend 20min on instagram.

How are we not putting 2 and 2 together

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, we lead the world in percentage of population incarcerated. We have to feed the beast. Violent offenses by youth fell and seemed to line-up with transition from leaded fuel sales. However, this also lined up with Roe v Wade. I guess we will sort out this mystery about 2037.
The reason violent youth offenses have fallen is due to changes in the court system by states. There has been a huge push to only actually charge as a last resort. Look at diversion rates and the increase in teens in foster care and you’ll see what I’m talking about. Look at how many kids are in Private Residential Treatment Facilities (PRTF) and you’ll see those kids. The behavior hasn’t improved, it’s just treated differently and more leniently.

Proverbs 14:34
Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.

Psalms 9:17
The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.

2 Chronicles 7:14
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
Truth right here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back