The shootings just won't stop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can read between the lines. You are all for infringing on law abiding citizens rights for the small chance it would get better. The gun isn’t the problem
No, you can't even read the lines that are written...let alone anything between them.

Lots of reasons, but if you list them people simply don't believe it. Social, economic, etc etc.
Maybe I’m mis reading your take, but what I’m getting is you’d like to see more regulation on a tool that is used improperly by some but will hinder those who use it properly

No, you can't even read the lines that are written...let alone anything between them.
And you can’t answer questions all knowing. What’s your answer?

You said it’s not stricter penalties…said we already lead incarcerations.

You said it’s not mental health because no one cares….

What’s your opinion. You spew negative responses to anyone that provides opinions and try to come off as the all knowing, but you give zero direction

The shooting happened walking distance from where I used to live. Shooter was apprehended in Lake Forest which is where I’ll be for work tomorrow.

Fun times
I'll be right down the street from lake forest tomorrow too. What's the diff? Go into a little further southeast and you could throw a dart. Or northeast for that matter.

Last edited:
Maybe I’m mis reading your take, but what I’m getting is you’d like to see more regulation on a tool that is used improperly by some but will hinder those who use it properly
You're misreading...guns aren't the reason for poor mental health care, or the reasons so many Americans suffer from same.

The reasons why are literally written on his body.

He also made bizarre rap videos fortelling what he was going to do. Walking around in a tac vest sprinkling bullets out of his hands talking about his destiny and he knew what he needed to do. Videos were on YouTube and available for all to see. My guess is like most mass shooters he will have been known to law enforcement.

1656982023163m.jpg

Because we don't make it a priority and unwilling to fund it.
This, right here. Tackling this problem would actually take thought, hard work, and money put toward the multiple issues (mental health, economic, social, etc) that contribute to creating it. They also would not be fixed overnight and would take time and dedication to get it done.

Much easier to just campaign on "Banning it" or "I will keep those uncouth commies from banning it". You can make sound bites, money, and votes on that. As usual everybody gets shafted and politicians get a sweet issue they make us fight over while robbing us all blind.

It’s funny how questioning anything about the way we are is met with “leave” or “sorry you hate America”. Sad and quite ironic for a democracy… you all would have hated the founding fathers
My thought as well. What a bunch of $*)Q!#@$ sallies. Hard to fix problems if no one admits they exist. Just tell people to leave if they don’t like it, huh. Next candidate that runs on a platform of “change” I’ll just tell them to move.

My thought as well. What a bunch of $*)Q!#@$ sallies. Hard to fix problems if no one admits they exist. Just tell people to leave if they don’t like it, huh. Next candidate that runs on a platform of “change” I’ll just tell them to move.
I agree with you…kind of. I think most Americans admit there are issues but they differ in what they are and how to fix them. People get annoyed when the only thing they hear from guys like @Rainer is how terrible the US is.

Doesn’t every candidate run on a platform of “change?” I’ve never heard a single one say “everything is peachy, and I’ll do my best to continue that trend.” It’s always about things they can do better and changes they can make.

The US has issues just like every other country. Currently both sides of the political world are self serving pieces of shit. They don’t want to make any measurable change as that’s not where the money is for them. Politics shouldn’t be a career, and when it is, people pander to the money to maintain their power.

I agree with you…kind of. I think most Americans admit there are issues but they differ in what they are and how to fix them. People get annoyed when the only thing they hear from guys like @Rainer is how terrible the US is.

Doesn’t every candidate run on a platform of “change?” I’ve never heard a single one say “everything is peachy, and I’ll do my best to continue that trend.” It’s always about things they can do better and changes they can make.

The US has issues just like every other country. Currently both sides of the political world are self serving pieces of shit. They don’t want to make any measurable change as that’s not where the money is for them. Politics shouldn’t be a career, and when it is, people pander to the money to maintain their power.
Last time I engaged in an argument over this I was told people with pride in their country don’t criticize it.

I don’t GAF if people get annoyed. Maybe it’s time to get serious and try to fix shit instead of telling people to leave? That’s the epitome of shallow thinking.

Last time I engaged in an argument over this I was told people with pride in their country don’t criticize it.

I don’t GAF if people get annoyed. Maybe it’s time to get serious and try to fix shit instead of telling people to leave? That’s the epitome of shallow thinking.
Haha. And constructive criticism does not equate lack of pride. Pretty sure criticism is what built this place.

If you are referring to me, I’m not annoyed at all. I just told you why things haven’t changed. If there was a way to vote people out and make significant change that would be great. The problem is the people with the most traction usually have the most money, and they are hard to beat out. Jersey Greg is a prime example.

As far as telling people to leave; if someone bitches constantly about things but doesn’t ever provide a way to change it then they provide no value. I don’t care who stays or leaves BUT if we could get rid of the radical 10% on each side there would be a lot more progress for the other 80%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
See65
Back