The Season of Stupid (& elk)

• Thread starter Deleted member 52098
  • Start date
SAR doesn't ever collect fee's from victims of any type in colorado. luckily.

they stick you on an air ambulance shit changes.

people in possession of hunting licenses and CORSAR cards help ensure that the teams will be reimbursed for any above and beyond costs from the states SAR fund.

SAR doesn't ever collect fee's from victims of any type in colorado. luckily.

they stick you on an air ambulance shit changes.

people in possession of hunting licenses and CORSAR cards help ensure that the teams will be reimbursed for any above and beyond costs from the states SAR fund.
I recently ran a trail race and they required proof of hunting license or Corsar card, I thought that was pretty neat atleast to help raise awareness of the program

Bummer. Guess that puts a wrap on the hunt.
Nahh..Anybody willing to hike 42 miles in 48 hours packing days worth of water before hunting a lick is good to go after a death defying, brand new truck swallowing, trip to the edge of oblivion on a steep mountain road.

I am not sorry and not envious my usual hunt writeups do not include such painful episodes.

Nahh..Anybody willing to hike 42 miles in 48 hours packing days worth of water before hunting a lick is good to go after a death defying, brand new truck swallowing, trip to the edge of oblivion on a steep mountain road.

I am not sorry and not envious my usual hunt writeups do not include such painful episodes.
So you’re saying that a quick change of drawers is all that was needed to push on? (y)

I recently ran a trail race and they required proof of hunting license or Corsar card, I thought that was pretty neat atleast to help raise awareness of the program
Hmmm sounds like a good course of action for all outdoor activities....

Recovery vehicle (tracked skid steer) is in route. I have a buddy headed in to get @MtnElk back to his truck so they can get it recovered. Then I have to figure out if I’m going to head out tonight after the kids go to bed or head out early am.

Currently I’m just digging holes to plant some trees and coordinating the recovery from a job site in Denver.

Good thing I’m not in a tree today. Doing that all in a tree ruins my efficiency.

Welp... the Subaru jokes can stop now. Been thinking about this purchase since about 2019 and finally let myself pull the trigger. Only had her for like 36 hours and I'm already in love. It's an added bonus that the girls really love it

View attachment 290607
View attachment 290608

For the record, still very happy that we have my wife 32 mpg subaru 🤣

Wild update:

@MtnElk hit the sos button on his zoleo. I don’t know a lot of details but he set up camp today in rain and snow. Was heading to a glassing point on a nasty road and decided it was too nasty and needed to turn around. From what I can gather he slid part way off the road and got his truck stuck.

He is ok, SAR just showed up to pick him up.

Will update as I find out more but as I have warned him and everyone else I’ve talked to about certain roads. They will turn dangerous in a second and you need to have everything in your truck to get out safely including chains.

This makes me sad....

Back