The REAL (REASONS) hunting is declining

Lol, that's what I find funny if I didn't say I was 19 and didn't bring up that some not all not all not all older hunters have an "I don't care kind of attitude" and are contributing to the problem by not encouraging young people to become hunters I'd be being be being praised all around right now and they'd all throw out their backs trying to crowd surf me while cheering😂
Uuum, no.

Oh yes, didn't we all...

I read your posts and was going to applaud all your youthful energy and passion, but then you dropped an "ok boomer"...that's such a lazy response and so typical of your generation, you want positive attention, not constructive criticism
No I want a discussion and exchange of ideas could care less if people want to praise me a lot of people disagree and it's great to have a discussion.

So like did we like officially make weds night polemic night?

If I’m being honest I’m kinda feeling blasé about the whole thing.

No offense taken cyber bullying and online criticism applies more to millennials and Gen Z more than anyone else but young people are the people that need to be recruited and I'm not saying that it's not important to recruit 60 year olds or 50 year olds but young people are definitely the group that needs to be focused on.

The cyberbullying part about shooting trophy animals I don't see as big of a factor as just the growing negative view towards hunting or just the small group of anti-hunters making there voices heard very loud. I had a friend who after shooting his first deer his dad posted a picture and instantly had tons of people hating him for it.

According to table 1 of https://www.fs.fed.us/pnw/pubs/pnw_gtr945.pdf
there was a similar increase (17%) in both big game hunting and warm water fishing participants
between 1999–2001 and 2005–2009.
What is the data source that hunting participation has declined substantially?
USFWS license sales data, essentially the dataset which is used to proportionally distribute pitman dollars.

But increasing cost is one of the arguments. So some people can afford to buy NR licenses in 3,4,5 states and other people drop out because the $25 resident license is too expensive. That is reflective of our economy and not relevant to decline in hunting. Younger people need to get better jobs.
THIS

The cyberbullying part about shooting trophy animals I don't see as big of a factor as just the growing negative view towards hunting or just the small group of anti-hunters making there voices heard very loud. I had a friend who after shooting his first deer his dad posted a picture and instantly had tons of people hating him for it.
You're right antis will troll hunters no matter if they shoot a spike or 8 point but what I was saying was a bunch of outdoor channel fanboy hunters and other random people who will comment on a random kid's Facebook picture saying things like "you shouldn't have shot a spike" "wtf would you shoot that buck he would be a monster in 2 years" things like that discourage young hunters it reminds me of this kid I went to school with that got lucky and shot an 8 point and then tried shaming other kids for shooting smaller deer those type of people there's not a ton of them but they're very vocal the same kid tried shaming other fisherman for keeping 13 inch trout because he and his dad "went to update New York and caught giant trout" lol.

What's a descent hunter? Also if you're trying to say I'm not a public land advocate you're mistaken I've talked to my congressman about preserving public land he probably didn't care but what else I'm I gonna do other than donate to conservation?
OP seems to be young and impressionable.
You guys might be able to recruit him and make a descent hunter/public land advocate out of him someday. 🤷🏼‍♂️

giphy.gif

I think it makes for a better experience as a hunter having your first kill being a does or small buck
Yes of course they taste wayyy better anyway. Looking back on things if my first deer tasted like crap I probably wouldn't hunt because I like eating tasty meat not tofu tasting crap lol.

Back