Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

The Mrs got her first Bruin in MT

After a couple years of chasing bears with me, she connected on the first bear she has shot at. We have had a great season between wy & mt. We have seen a lot of bears this year despite the slow start with the long, never ending winter we had. This weekend was no easy hunt either, we logged 22 miles and 6800' of elevation gain. I spotted this bear from a couple miles off saturday evening so we made a game plan to come around the other side of the canyon and try to get him on sunday. We left the trail head around 13:00 by 16:00 we where sitting in the saddle we planned to get to and watching the hillside we left him at dark. By 17:00 he was up and in the meadow across from us. She made one shot at 524 yards and hit him low but good my buddy took a follow up shot and missed after giving him a few to expire, we went and recovered him in the bottom of a nasty drifted and down timbered canyon.

http://vimeo.com/97152374

I like the short video. Congrats.

Pretty sweet video! Great shot and bear! I am running G7 scopes on a few rifles also and have their range finder. They make some awesome products!

Well done! You two make quite the team. Love the video. Do you mind sharing what type of setup you were using? I'm gonna be taking my kiddos hunting and would like to have a good setup to record some of their hunts.

Nice bear! 524 yards is quite a poke. Glad to see you were both able to get it done on dandy bears.

Awesome video, awesome bear, and awesome hunting partner! Congrats on a great bear. Good coaching to by the way. Easy to be over-amped in a situation like that.

Thanks Everyone, She has really put on some miles hoping to close the deal and passed up allot of bears that many people would not have passed on for a first bear. She has spent allot of time at the range with me and we go shoot in different condition 5-10 times a month. The morning before we went after this bear she wanted to shoot a couple times just to build some last minute confidence after shooting a <4" group just shy of 800 yards she was feeling pretty confident.

MuleyFanatic- the rangefinder is a lifesaver! I have made some great shots and I credit that rangefinder for verything but pulling the trigger. I have a G7 5.5-22 on a LR1000 in a 7 LRM and a 2-10 on a ultra light 6.5x284 that is being built as we speak. I was not so sure about the 2-10 but after running some data for a few customers that built similar 6.5's and 6XC's I was very impressed with its overall performance.

1_pointer not at all, I normally film with a canon 60D 75-300mm lens or a canon SX50, rode mic and a Vanguard carbon fiber tripod with a manfrotto video head. Planning on this day trip and hoping we would be coming out heavy I just took the SX50. it takes great video but my only complaint is that no manual focus or external mic jack. if you get a chance you can watch my bear it was filmed with the 60D

Thanks for the info! My wife has a DSLR. I'll have to see if we can film with it. I have a newish Sony point/shoot, but haven't tried any video with it yet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back