The Gift

appaloosa

I have been struggling with how to accurately articulate this story, how do you do justice to something and someone so special?

Last Saturday morning only an hour into our hunt, this beautiful bull cooperated long enough for my son to get in the right position to make a shot. All hands were present to watch him fulfill his dream. This hunt was a gift from an old friend I have known since childhood. He waited 20+ to draw this tag and decided he would donate it to Aiden so he could experience this opportunity. We were able to transfer the license with the help of a nonprofit dedicated to helping disabled hunters. An incredible act of selflessness to a young man who cherishes every chance to experience the outdoors.
I'm still numb when I think of this hunt and how it all came together. So many pieces fell together right to make it work out. I guess I shouldn't question these things when they happen, but sometimes it feels beyond the realm of all possibly.

IMG_20200919_193257.jpg
IMG_20200919_134646.jpg

Tears well up reading that! That is a fantastic gift from a what I assume is a fantastic dude! Way to go everyone involved! Aiden you'll have the family eating good this winter!

Kudos to your son and what a moment for dad as well, the gift of that tag turned one mans dream into an entire family’s, such a unselfish act deserves tag karma for the rest of his days!

Having seen how much your son loves hunting previously....well......just awesome!!! Add to that a wonderful bull. I needed a bit of that today to give me a little bright spot in the world. Hope to see a shoulder mount in the future :)

Now that is something special. Hell of a guy to do something like that, and incredible for your son--who seems like quite a person himself. Congratulations to Aiden.

My word! What an experience and much respect to your friend for donating the tag. I hope I can have the opportunity to do something like that one day.

Wow, I can’t think of a better way to start out the day than reading something like that. Thanks for sharing, that’s nothing short of awesome for every person involved!!

A truly unselfish act by your old friend, simply amazing. Congrats to everyone involved and great shooting Aiden.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back