Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

The big elk live behind Costco

14 years ago I woke up in the Pie Town campground by the fairgrounds and headed for the head. Done with that I wandered up to the HWY to check out the town at daylight.
In front of the Pie-o-neer was a herd of elk eating the grass at the front steps, like a line of cowponies at the tie rail at the saloon.
It was a sign I was on the right track of where to live. The next year I was moving here.

Laramie pronghorn like the Walmart parking lot. A moose wandered into town last year. A couple mountain lions have visited as well.

I have muleys like that in my neighborhood. They walk the sidewalks and look both ways before they cross streets......seriously ;)
Saw some like that in Salida a few years ago. Completely unbothered by anything except a sprinkler that affected their ability to eat the landscaping.

That’s crazy I hope a moose surprises me too in hunting season. I got a tag in WMU 260 anybody some advice? It’s my first hunt every I can use all the advice available

Don’t have any pics but years ago I was with a buddy from Cali and we were heading back to my place in central Ore. Was driving north on 97 listening to him bitch about the lack of deer in Cali, hot weather, Tony blacktails, Yada Yada and I said “shit Craig why don’t you just move to Oregon; elk, muleys, OTC tags, no worries!” Five minutes later just as we drove past the WELCOME TO OREGON sign just out of Dorris thete was about a 24” forky and a toad 4x4 that had to be approaching a legit 30” browsing right next to the sign. Craig just stared at me and was pretty much mute for the next half hour 🤣

Find the Water...Find the Elk right?

That body of water is the Pacific Ocean. The State is CA. They are bugling now boys....
View attachment 233677
I remember seeing the same thing when we went through California. Somewhere I have a pic of a trophy bull laying on a beach with waves in the background.

That’s a great first memory! By contrast my first memory was sitting and playing on a pile of dirt my dad had dug out to fix the septic tank. Soft moist dirt. Was probably sewage soaked. Thanks Dad
😆...luckily my pile of dirt was from installing the septic tank.

This is pretty much a daily occurrence.
58947194662__6e18672e-3aaf-462f-b25f-bc7faf90f6ab-jpg.237135
IMG_1110.jpg61774074854__4B3D583A-CCB0-4B17-838D-EF818E56B908(1).JPG

Attachments

• 58947194662__6E18672E-3AAF-462F-B25F-BC7FAF90F6AB.JPG
    58947194662__6E18672E-3AAF-462F-B25F-BC7FAF90F6AB.JPG
    890.2 KB · Views: 68
Back