Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Thacker Pass

cur dog

Does anyone have any thoughts on this project? It's going to be a Lithium mine on 5700 acres, of BLM land in Humboldt County Nevada.
The project, has been approved by the BLM and the Trump administration.
Will Biden crush this like the Keystone pipeline? I'm thinking he may not give it a second look, considering its green energy.

My guess is probably not since lithium is desperately needed for Lithium Ion batteries to support their agenda for electric vehicles. Yeah, tons of irony in that I know, but just my opinion on what they will do without any political commentary on it.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any thoughts on this project? It's going to be a Lithium mine on 5700 acres, of BLM land in Humboldt County Nevada.
The project, has been approved by the BLM and the Trump administration.
Will Biden crush this like the Keystone pipeline? I'm thinking he may not give it a second look, considering its green energy.
I would bet it goes through but I’m sure everything approved in the last 60days gets a second look. Everyone uses lithium and we need more domestic sources. I don’t see any irony.

If it does get the old rubber stamp, this might be better off in the money and finances section.

If it does get the old rubber stamp, this might be better off in the money and finances section.
There are some environmental concerns brought up, like sage grouse and a very rare plant. Not everyone is for it, but everything is a trade off. You can't have electric cars without batteries and we can't buy all lithium from China. The company stock (LAC) jumped on the news, but came off a little. Basically it looks like the market things it will get approved, maybe with some adequate bonding to make sure the land is returned to natural state in 50yrs. There are a couple of other permits going through the process too.
What I like to avoid is the talk of "they" and "their". It's not a political thing. We ALL use Li batteries and that use will increase into the future. To find real solutions to our problems, we will need an all-of-the-above approach.

The Record of decision was signed. It is going.

The ore body goes to the Oregon border along the top of the Montana mountains.

Big horn sheep habitat. Mule deer and antelope, as well as sage grouse I am sure will be impacted.

Green energy mining is ok but oil pipelines are not.

Makes no sense to me. But we need lithium. And oil.

Pretty small foot print for an open pit mine.
Where are the "wrong project in the wrong place" guys?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back