Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Test run for the new Davis wall tent

VikingsGuy

Finally had a free morning to put up the 16x20 canvas wall tent we got from Davis in Feb. Also burning in the new Davis stove. Didn't have time to get the 8' front awning setup (just using a Home Depot 10 mil tarp) - still need to trim to size and put in a grommet in one spot. Also need to cut and lay in the indoor/outdoor carpet. But here it is in the back yard in its current state of semi-completion.

Attachments

• HT - 1 (1).jpg
    HT - 1 (1).jpg
    94 KB · Views: 83
  • HT - 1 (2).jpg
    HT - 1 (2).jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 86
  • HT - 1 (3).jpg
    HT - 1 (3).jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 80
Finally had a free morning to put up the 16x20 canvas wall tent we got from Davis in Feb. Also burning in the new Davis stove. Didn't have time to get the 8' front awning setup (just using a Home Depot 10 mil tarp) - still need to trim to size and put in a grommet in one spot. Also need to cut and lay in the indoor/outdoor carpet. But here it is in the back yard in its current state of semi-completion.
She's a beaut! How long to put up?

She's a beaut! How long to put up?

My son and I had it up and ready for guylines in 30 minutes but then realized that we had it inside out :D The we flipped it in 15 minutes. Then we had to tie on all the guylines which is a one time thing and then stake it. The staking was easy as it was a suburban lawn (although I did use 18" rebar stakes instead of provided nails). All in about 90 minutes for first time. To our advantage there was zero wind.

I think the second time putting up will be a better guide :) My guess if my son and I did it from scratch again today, it would be an hour. At hunt camp there will be 5 of us so my guess is more like 45 minutes if wind not a problem. Others who have done this many times probably have a better idea.

I would add that this sucker is heavy enough that I doubt I could put up alone without significant hassle. But then again I would never bring a 6 man tent to a solo hunting trip so not a real issue.

Last edited:
That's a pretty quick setup. That thing will be nice to stay in. My old man and I have the 16'x20' alakanak tent from Cabelas. We use it every year for rooster camp. It takes us a hour to setup.
I hope yours serves you well!

That looks great. It’ll look really cool with a couple 6x elk heads laying under the awning

Hilton himself would be jealous. A good nights meal and sleeping time will help improve ones attitude immensely.

I love my Davis tent. You'll love coming in from a day of hunting to the comfort of a wall tent

Funny you put it on inside out the first time, as I did the same thing. One thing I did after that was to write "front" on it in a place that was easy to see when folded up. Makes it easier when you go to set it up later on .

Dang looks great!

What kind of cot bunks are those?? Do they wiggle much with movement?

My dad and I were considering getting 2 of them for our group but he thinks that the person on the top bunk will constantly wake up the person on the bottom due to it being really wiggly.

Dang looks great!

What kind of cot bunks are those?? Do they wiggle much with movement?

My dad and I were considering getting 2 of them for our group but he thinks that the person on the top bunk will constantly wake up the person on the bottom due to it being really wiggly.

Disc-o-Beds We put biggest guy on the bottom, lightest on top and for us it has been stable - but we are fairly sound sleepers. Costco sells them online. I would buy one, try it and return it if you aren’t satisfied. They also work as two single cots when not stacked if you have the floor space. You will definitely want the hockey-puck foot pads for stability and to help preserve tent flooring, and the leg extensions - without them the top and bottom bunks are too close together for adult use in my opinion (works great for kids at the cabin w/o ext.).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winchester 73
Back