Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Tawney leaving BHA

Just saw the email. I wish him well. He is a good guy. I am looking forward to seeing who takes the reins. I think it will be a positive for moving the organization forward.

Land has done a good job with that organization. I watched him accost an ALC representative at the public lands rally back in 2015 and it was beautiful.

All that said, it would be damaging to that organization for him to go and work for some Democrat right now. Hopefully that’s not what he’s doing.

There were times I thought Land had great leadership and personality for the position and other times I saw him as one of the biggest problems for bha having great acceptance. Pending who is next and the direction forward I may even be a member again

Land has done a good job with that organization. I watched him accost an ALC representative at the public lands rally back in 2015 and it was beautiful.

All that said, it would be damaging to that organization for him to go and work for some Democrat right now. Hopefully that’s not what he’s doing.
I thought maybe he himself would run for some sort of office?

I thought maybe he himself would run for some sort of office?

Maybe. I wouldn’t mind more politicians who actually hunt and fish.

My thought is that modern politics are more divisive than uniting, and BHA has a “reputation” , fair or not, that would be amplified if he joined the fray from one side of the isle.

I wish him well. He’s made a big difference leading one of the very few organizations out there that speak up for the DIY hunter.

Maybe. I wouldn’t mind more politicians who actually hunt and fish.

My thought is that modern politics are more divisive than uniting, and BHA has a “reputation” , fair or not, that would be amplified if he joined the fray from one side of the isle.

I wish him well. He’s made a big difference leading one of the very few organizations out there that speak up for the DIY hunter.
I wish him well too. No clue what he will do or where he end up but I’m sure he has a plan for his next step. Obviously, it would be good to have hunters anglers and public land supporters in office. Someone who can see both sides of the argument and not be afraid to vote for themselves and not their party or money. Not saying that is or is not Land, but a general statement of what I would vote for in an ideal candidate.

Disagree with him or not, he's Forever my Brother. Nothing but love and respect for the man. Even in our disagreements and hard conversations he was a champion for the mission. I'd go to war with him any day of the week and he had my back on more than one occasion.

It's easy to hurl shit from the peanut gallery, but Land was the man in the arena. I wish him nothing but the absolute best and thank him for the sacrifices he made and the rough waters he sailed.

Then again, I've never been a person to let differences of opinions, beliefs, or politics detract from the greater actions of an individual or a good man. Land is a great dude. Period.

Last edited:

Anyone who would care about that has already labeled BHA the way they wanted to anyways.

Nothing but respect for Land. He worked his ass off for them and I wish him well whatever he does next. Dude has deep Missoula roots, hopefully he stays here in the community.

I'll go out to the fringe...The people who found fault in Land because of his personal politics aren't people I want as BHA members.

I damn sure know I personally don't align with several NP CEOs, but I don't hold that against them. It's how they lead and support the mission that matters.

Last edited:
If one measures the size and influence of BHA ten years ago, to what it is today, it would be considered a success by most all measures.

I've known Land a long time. I wish him all the best and I thank him for his commitment to the causes he is passionate about.

I've heard of a few folks leaving BHA who had been there for a long time. I wonder if something is going on internally. All the best to Land and the organization.

I've heard of a few folks leaving BHA who had been there for a long time. I wonder if something is going on internally. All the best to Land and the organization.
It's not such a bad thing to shift things around and get some new blood into the place. I've worked with organizations that have time limits on the board of directors and executive management. New leadership brings new ideas, new energy, and different ways of looking at the same old thing.

If one measures the size and influence of BHA ten years ago, to what it is today, it would be considered a success by most all measures.

I've known Land a long time. I wish him all the best and I thank him for his commitment to the causes he is passionate about.
This^^^^^^^

From a member’s outside perspective, Land has always struck me as a better pioneer than a settler. Given the growth and maturity of the organization, this change may be the right thing. He sure can leave feeling great about what he has accomplished.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back