Tatonka!

FIN The Mrs. was wondering if you done a ceremonial dance, before you went after the great tatonka in the wilds and risked your life. :D I told her not to worry, you would have much better back up ,compared to some distant folk that have been there before.

Reserved snowmobiles for me and production crew. Show up this morning to pick up our machines. "Sorry sir, but we don't rent to hunters. Too many bad experiences with hunters."

WTH?

Scramble around and find some machines. Just now getting going. Lawnboy and Critter have been out scouting for a couple hours.

Hope that is the one glitch of this hunt.

Reserved snowmobiles for me and production crew. Show up this morning to pick up our machines. "Sorry sir, but we don't rent to hunters. Too many bad experiences with hunters."

WTH?

Scramble around and find some machines. Just now getting going. Lawnboy and Critter have been out scouting for a couple hours.

Hope that is the one glitch of this hunt.

You did tell him you were Sportsman of the Year right?

Seems to me, they might want to ask that question up front in the future.

With your new format - will you be telling more of the natural history of the bison and the history of the Yellowstone bison herd?

Dont rent to hunters? You did tell them that you are Big Fin right?
I hope everything else goes right from here on out.
Cant wait for the scouting update.

All bison are back in the park. Locals say the tribes have been hunting them hard the last few days and pushed them back east. Dang the luck.

Not as cold as it could be, but plenty cold as it is. Covered pretty much every area in the unit by dark. No fresh tracks. Some old stuff. Found one herd about a quarter mile in the park, grazing the wrong direction.

Not much you can do to change that, so break out the camera and take a few pics.

A few bison in the wrong place, going the wrong direction.
DSCN0368.JPG

Bad Bart, aka Lawnboy, confident that all will work our way.
DSCN0373.JPG

Critter, always the optimist, assuring me that we will find them.
DSCN0375.JPG

Gotta love the Mad Bomber hats. I have three of them, just for these occasions.
DSCN0383.JPG

Brad, having to work while we play.
DSCN0390.JPG

The last glimpse of the shaggies, as they moved off, further from where we need them to be.
DSCN0392.JPG

Sun setting on a fun day.
DSCN0397.JPG

Hoping tomorrow changes the patterns of the bison, or this could just be a televised snowmobile ride.

I'm willing to bet there's wolf tracks to be followed if the buffalo hunt stays slow.

Good luck guys, will be watching with great interest how this goes.

Good Luck with the bison hunt! I was fortunate to draw a WY tag in 2009, and harvest a nice bull. There's just something about harvesting a wild bison, that you cant put into words.

Field dressing a bison is a monumental task! Be sure to save as much of the hide as you can for soft tanning, makes great pillows or throw.

Now bring on the successful pix!

Best to ya guys! Enjoying the play by play content. Can't go wrong with critter and lawnboy for enteryainment! :)

Now the work begins.

IMG_0508.jpg

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back