Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Talking about the draw....

Might be nothing to draw without them. I really wonder if the current generations would have the grit to get it done like the passed if we were called upon. We owe them more than gratitude. We owe it to them to live a life of meaning and purpose. Dont take for granted what was provided to you by these great Patriots!

I always start thinking about D-Day the first week of June and was really thinking about it last night. It's hard to fathom the number of young men killed, it's even harder to fathom the sights, smells and sounds they dealt with, utterly horrific. I also pondered how many of those young men were just like us here on this forum, they loved to hunt, fish and be outdoors but gave it all up so that future generations could enjoy what they held so dear to their hearts. War is Hell, it really is, and anyone that has ever experienced it or has sent loved ones off never to return is ever the same after.

We are truly in debt to the sacrifices of the generations whom fought before us.

This is worth a watch. Or you can download the full interview in podcast form under "Ben Shapiro Show." It was released Sunday and although Ben's show is a political show, this particular one has absolutely no politics in it. Hard not to get emotional listening to it. Unimaginable what these guys went through and had to endure mentally and physically for the rest of their lives - if they were lucky enough to make it out alive.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/48093/watch-wwii-veteran-describes-d-day-landing-daily-wire

Here the last couple days we have worn out our keyboards wondering if we drew a tag.

Today, a big shout to The Greatest Generation for their sacrifice. Where would we be without these Patriots? We Salute you!!
AMEN, and thank you for bringing this reality forward for us to consider and acknowledge

The days I feel old and complain about aches and pains, make me realize what a puss I am. One of the benefits of being born when I was is that I got to spend so much time with guys who served in WWII and Korea. My grandfather was in Saipan. My step-dad was in Guadalcanal. Just in our little town, their names are so many; Hank lost a leg, Vern flew, Harold was on a Bomber group in Europe, Karl was at Battle of the Bulge, Owen, Cliff, John, Pete, the list goes on and on. I remember everyone of them, their pictures all framed at the American Legion room, with their service years and the branch with which they served.

Many of the guys who came into my Mom's little diner had served in a variety of locations and those willing to talk about their experiences had some horrific events to talk about. As a youngster, I sat and listened to any of them who were willing to talk. Everyone of them had the well-deserved respect of their peers and the entire community.

I'm thankful for every single one of them.

I was watching a fellow countryman in his 90's being interviewed today, I have to disagree with what he said, 'the real heroes are the guys who died in the assault', they were all heroes in my eyes, such courage, he had a tear in his eye when he finished the interview.
I puts everything in perspective in relation to our trivial worries.
Cheers
Richard

I was watching a fellow countryman in his 90's being interviewed today, I have to disagree with what he said, 'the real heroes are the guys who died in the assault', they were all heroes in my eyes, such courage, he had a tear in his eye when he finished the interview.
I puts everything in perspective in relation to our trivial worries.
Cheers
Richard
I’m sure a lot of these men felt remorse for having survived after losing good friends and comrades at arms.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back