PEAX Equipment

Tailgate or Sports Event Favorite Wild Game Recipes

EYJONAS!

Anyone care to share some favorite tailgating or big game day recipes. Could be appetizers, dips, or full meal recipes.

I'm looking at making a few things up for Championship Sunday. Will post some pics tomorrow.

Thoughts are......
Beer, Some kind of pale ale thinking Gallatin River Pale

Bacon Wrapped Pheasant Thighs stuffed with Jalapeno and Cream Cheese.

Elk and Antelope Meat Balls w/ bbq sauce

Veggies and meat and cheese tray with elk sausage.

Elk tenders in Hennessy Dijon sauce to celebrate the big win......

Anyone else care to share what's on the smoker or grill for the games....

Anyone care to share some favorite tailgating or big game day recipes. Could be appetizers, dips, or full meal recipes.

I'm looking at making a few things up for Championship Sunday. Will post some pics tomorrow.

Thoughts are......
Beer, Some kind of pale ale thinking Gallatin River Pale

Bacon Wrapped Pheasant Thighs stuffed with Jalapeno and Cream Cheese.

Elk and Antelope Meat Balls w/ bbq sauce

Veggies and meat and cheese tray with elk sausage.

Elk tenders in Hennessy Dijon sauce to celebrate the big win......

Anyone else care to share what's on the smoker or grill for the games....
I want what you're having!

Alright share the details on this one!!
Throw a bunch of pheasant legs in the crockpot on low the night before. They’ll be falling apart in the morning... separate the bones and hard tendons out. After that, it’s just a buffalo chicken dip recipe.... meat, cream cheese, shredded cheese, ranch dressing, buffalo sauce, chopped celery. Mix in the crockpot a couple hours before and let it get warm.
Don’t remember all the specifics off the top of my head and I think I deviate from the recipe usually anyway, but it’s easy to find recipes for something similar on Google. I usually make a double batch, and there are never leftovers 😁

Deer or elk tenderloins:
Sous vide @ 122°F for 1 hour

Rest at room temp in olive oil and sea salt to your preference

Sear on 450°F grill or cast iron, all sides for 30 seconds.

Thinly slice to preference and add to crackers and cheese spread!

That's a great way to get the uninitiated to try and hopefully like wild game!!

Throw a bunch of pheasant legs in the crockpot on low the night before. They’ll be falling apart in the morning... separate the bones and hard tendons out. After that, it’s just a buffalo chicken dip recipe.... meat, cream cheese, shredded cheese, ranch dressing, buffalo sauce, chopped celery. Mix in the crockpot a couple hours before and let it get warm.
Don’t remember all the specifics off the top of my head and I think I deviate from the recipe usually anyway, but it’s easy to find recipes for something similar on Google. I usually make a double batch, and there are never leftovers 😁
Thanks!! Going to try this with some ruffed grouse legs

Sure is some great ideas coming in. Makes me think I need to get another boat to up my fishing game and shoot more roosters......

The stuffed mushroom recipe in the January issue of bugle rmef magazine is outstanding!!

Getting things ready..... bacon wrapped thighs stuffed with Jalapeno and cream cheese. 20200119_085654.jpg

Antelope and Elk meatballs. I added bacon to them instead of pork sausage (forgot I was out). I also switched it up and did half with blue cheese crumbles in them.
20200119_081330.jpg

Were not real models of healthy cooking here at the Jonas residence on game days........

Back