Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Favorite Recipes on a Budget?

There are tons of recipes if you have an Instant Pot that are delicious and require very inexpensive ingredients.

1. Preheat oven to correct temp
2. Place your favorite frozen pizza on pan (I prefer tombstone)
3. Place pizza in oven
3.5. Snack on a few venison hot sticks while waiting. (Other game sticks will work here as well).
4. Remove pizza from oven when fully cooked.
5. Cut and enjoy

Favorite super cheap meal from college days that I still eat today in the field is peanut butter Ramen. Add a scoop of Skippy's to noodles, maybe a shot of soy, Sirracha, ginger or garlic if you're so inclined. Sprinkles cashews on top if you can afford it. Meat or sausage would be a bonus in this sub $1.00 meal.

Favorite super cheap meal from college days that I still eat today in the field is peanut butter Ramen. Add a scoop of Skippy's to noodles, maybe a shot of soy, Sirracha, ginger or garlic if you're so inclined. Sprinkles cashews on top if you can afford it. Meat or sausage would be a bonus in this sub $1.00 meal.
I gotta admit I approve of this. Adding in a tiny bit of citrus, or some fish sauce would be a nice addition.

One of my favorite poor foods has to be liver, onions and grits (or rice, or cornmeal, or toast). Throw sliced onions and some oil in a closed pot at 300 for several hours until carmelization occurs. Pan sear thinly sliced liver in a ripping hot skillet with butter and finish by adding the onions to the same skillet (remove those). Put a bit of flour into the pan and then deglaze with some liquid (wine, beer, water, stock whatever you have on hand) and reduce to a nice gravy. Serve the liver and onions on a bed of starches and pour the gravy over the top. It's an awesome meal that gives you a ton of calories on the cheap.

I've had a bowl of popcorn for dinner more than I should since becoming single again.

Look into Roman pasta. We live off of it when running low on meat. Aglio e olio, cacio e pepe, carbonara (not as cost effective as the first 2 but still). Another huge advantage is how quick they are. Under 30 minutes including prep.

Beans and cornbread. If you smoke a deer ham you get a couple bones that make the best beans on earth.

Vegetable curry is pretty dependable and cheap. I particularly like it over coconut rice.

2 lbs ground elk fried with salt and pepper. Once cooked add a can of mushroom soup and a can of cheddar cheese soup. Simmer for 20 minutes put it over potatoes or rice.

get a bottle of this and marinade any steak cut for 48 hours. Grill till medium Rare and your in business. Some of the most tender venison or antelope steaks I’ve ever made.

grill it hot and the outsides will get sticky and just a little char. Absolutely delicious

1 bottle will marinade about 8 pounds of meat.

1629511933813.jpeg
I’m also a HUGE fan of antelope tacos with the ground meat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back