Taco Soup

shannerdrake

We have had a cool snap that put me in the mood for some soup. I think I’ve worn out about every chili recipe and I wanted to something a little lighter. I also had a craving for some tacos so we ended up with taco soup.

Below is what I used in this batch, but everything could be adjusted up or down depending on taste. As a matter of fact, I’ll use less rice and an extra can of beans (Black would be nice) next time.

-1lb ground elk (any ground game)
-taco seasoning to taste
-1 onion chopped
- 1-2 peppers (I used New Mexico chiles because my garden is pumping them out right now)
- 1c frozen corn
- 1 can pinto beans drained
- 28oz canned tomatoes
- 14oz tomato sauce or a can tomato soup
- 1qt stock/broth
-1c dried

Brown meat, add seasonings, onions, peppers and cook until veggies soften.
Add corn, beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and stock. Simmer for about 30 minutes.
Add rice and simmer until the rice is tender (about 20min). taste and adjust seasonings. I ended up adding salt, cumin, and garlic powder.
Add to a bowl and top with your favorite taco toppings. I went with chopped red onion, shredded cheese, sour cream, and jalapeños.

Attachments

• 001CCDE8-B560-4C3C-AD36-BF59BA2E1D8E.jpeg
    001CCDE8-B560-4C3C-AD36-BF59BA2E1D8E.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
  • 4621EAA3-E558-4879-BD9B-337DCD1F0D6C.jpeg
    4621EAA3-E558-4879-BD9B-337DCD1F0D6C.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
We are going to have a cool down next week. This will be perfect for taco Tuesday! I will apologize in advance to my dad for eating beans the day before we drive to Colorado!

We have had a cool snap that put me in the mood for some soup. I think I’ve worn out about every chili recipe and I wanted to something a little lighter. I also had a craving for some tacos so we ended up with taco soup.

Below is what I used in this batch, but everything could be adjusted up or down depending on taste. As a matter of fact, I’ll use less rice and an extra can of beans (Black would be nice) next time.

-1lb ground elk (any ground game)
-taco seasoning to taste
-1 onion chopped
- 1-2 peppers (I used New Mexico chiles because my garden is pumping them out right now)
- 1c frozen corn
- 1 can pinto beans drained
- 28oz canned tomatoes
- 14oz tomato sauce or a can tomato soup
- 1qt stock/broth
-1c dried

Brown meat, add seasonings, onions, peppers and cook until veggies soften.
Add corn, beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and stock. Simmer for about 30 minutes.
Add rice and simmer until the rice is tender (about 20min). taste and adjust seasonings. I ended up adding salt, cumin, and garlic powder.
Add to a bowl and top with your favorite taco toppings. I went with chopped red onion, shredded cheese, sour cream, and jalapeños.
That looks fantastic!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back