Caribou Gear

First batch of the fall...

noharleyyet

Couple pounds of ground venison from Jr's archery doe last weekend, pound of ground beef, and a pound of diced tenderized beef cutlets for finishing texture...a haphazard concoction of chile seasonings 'to taste' & tomato sauce...just added the thickening masa/water. About 45 minutes of simmer left. (no beans were harmed)

44* forecasted for tomorrow morning...made too much but always do.

Couple pounds of ground venison from Jr's archery doe last weekend, pound of ground beef, and a pound of diced tenderized beef cutlets for finishing texture...a haphazard concoction of chile seasonings 'to taste' & tomato sauce...just added the thickening masa/water. About 45 minutes of simmer left. (no beans were harmed)

44* forecasted for tomorrow morning...made too much but always do.
You forgot the beans!

:)

Just so happens I have some bison for a test batch this week.
In the mean time I'll suffer with the last from earlier in the week.
With a bison burger.

Love me some great red chili, made from whole chile pods, amd of course beans are not involved.

I usually go a littler overboard starting with 10 or more pounds cubed wild meat. And freeze a bunch so a bowl of chili or frito pie is instant gratification when the mood strikes. And of course to take on hunts alongside some NM green chile stew.

IMG_0453.jpegIMG_0441.jpegIMG_0442.jpeg

Guess I still don't understand chili, I thought NM was no beans and TX is where adding beans started. Then there's chili based vs. tomato based. Love the real NM style red and green chilis, never had TX chili, but I also love tomato based with beans, which is what I've always made.

Guess I still don't understand chili, I thought NM was no beans and TX is where adding beans started. Then there's chili based vs. tomato based. Love the real NM style red and green chilis, never had TX chili, but I also love tomato based with beans, which is what I've always made.
I say make it how you like it. Hell I’ve had chili with sausage in it. I think it’s like stew, it came about by using what you had on hand and eating to survive.

These days we don’t eat to survive so people get all uppity about food. Now if you like your steaks well done then I curse you to burn in hell.

I say make it how you like it. Hell I’ve had chili with sausage in it. I think it’s like stew, it came about by using what you had on hand and eating to survive.

These days we don’t eat to survive so people get all uppity about food. Now if you like your steaks well done then I curse you to burn in hell.
Saved some scraps of brisket a few weeks back for my next batch of chili.

Back