Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Tag Soup

If you’re interested, I have a pretty good Application Soup recipe. With a little adjustment I’m sure it would make a great Tag Soup.

Bear tag soup pairs nicely with a dry red and elk requires whiskey. Straight with no more than three ice cubes. I prefer Russel's whiskey. Make sure they're at room temp before commencing.

I'm on a diet that strictly forbids tag soup but somehow end up eating it occasionally.

I think most people who buy a bear tag just plan on using it as an appetizer....If you dont get one you dont have to eat it. lol

I grind my elk tags with a little pork fat to help bind them, form like little meatballs then deep fry to a golden brown and serve with a spicy remoulade. I think in this case you may be able to sub the bear tag for the pork fat, though it may come out a little dry.

I've been aging a stack of elk tags in my drawer (and I think a bear tag) that have been aging between one and 5 years. I plan on doing a taste test to determine how aging impacts the flavor of the tag soup. Maybe I'll make a video and see if I can get Randy's permission to upload it to the youtube channel.

However your choice of preparation, make sure you savor that flavor so you don’t forget it a year from now!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CZ452Scout
Back