Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

T Bone's Idaho goat hunt

Great adventure. Having arrived at the approximate age of your dad, I can only say it's a good thing he went, too. You guys had a great adventure...to say nothing of the goat.

Well done.

Grant

Truly awesome Tyson. Great memories.

Never did hear, what kind of mount are you looking at?

Apparently the guy that came in and hunted goats on Kodiak the day after I left is a taxidermist in RC. I might try to see his work when I am in town later this month.

take care and thanks for the share....

doing a shoulder mount with Prairie Mtn taxidermy out of Union Center. He's a little more $ than others, but I like his work.

Just got him back from the taxidermist. He looks great!

I had a duplicate set of horns cast for the shoulder mount and I'll be putting the originals as a euro mount to my Dad.

Having the euro mount, I put a tape to them for the first time.....Hadn't thought much about it since the IDF&G measured him at the check in. He's got 10" horn on both sides! The F&G gal must have been measuring from the top of the hair.

Not that the numbers mean much, but wow, much better than I thought!

Yep, that's a great goat. Mind posting a picture of the finished product?

Here he is. I decided to not bleach him. He looks good as is. The wife says he looks like he just woke up from a nap and has "bed head".

p8233458.jpg

p8233457.jpg

p8233456.jpg

The Dall will be a pedestal and will take center stage, displacing the whitetail.

1 Pointer, I really hope you get to take part on connecting on Boy's ram. That place is like no other I've been. Wish I had another week or two of vacation to give to the cause. Check for ticks.

The mount turned out great!! You're accumulating quite the trophy room, congrats! Copy on the tick checking! I remember your story...scary. Hope I have more than scenery pics to bring back in two weeks!

Sweet! Thanks for posting. Are you doing a floor pedestal or a wall pedestal with the dall?

Great looking mount. I'm liking the non bleached, scruffy look he has.

Back