Yeti GOBOX Collection

T Bone's Idaho goat hunt

One foot in front of the other, until we found ourselves standing in front our vehicles.

Kinda odd how fragile we are. I was very much concerned about my ability to myself and my Dad out of there. A mere few hours later, we were in a Cafe in Challis sipping cocoa, soup, and burgers.

Ah the death march. Sometimes the only thing that keeps the feet going is thinking about a big fat juicy burger, fries and milkshake.
Nice goat, congrats on a great hunt.

Congrats! The last couple of years in the same place, with some once-in-a-lifetime adventures! I will say that the picture of your goat on the snag has me thinking that I probably don't need to apply for any hunts in that area... ;)

Sweet Goat on a tough hunt!! Just one Question. How much did the meat and cape weigh on that thing? Looks pretty big to me.

T-bone.... Kudos on another Crag's trip. that country is Torturous and you keep going back. I'm applying in there next year. If you're bored and want to punish yourself again...... ;)

Glad your dad went with ya. I'm guessing you camped on "the Ridge" over looking the "AREA" ? thats one hellova day hike. Congrats again man !!!

Thanks for the kind words folks. I have video organized and put together now, so I can upload to youtube or something like that. We were extremely fortunate to have a break in the weather. Since Monday they've been socked in.

I don't know when or why I'll go back to that country. It's been an addiction hunting in there for sheep and goat. I refuse to consider hunting elk in there.
I wouldn't mind taking a late summer trip in there and fish all those lakes.

Who knows, my oldest son has markings of a whacko hunter and he turns 12 next year..

Anyone heard how Wylee's goat trip went?

Awesome hunt T-bone....!!!!

I got to see those videos.

cmc

Wow, glad you made it out. I"m thinking that was the best hot cocoa ever when you and your dad got out. I hope you and your dad come up with some nice easy adventures now, wow. Congratulations!

T- Awesome goat bud. I'm glad you and your dad made it out without any problems. Give us a score on that bad boy. I'm thinking of going after my OLT goat next year.

If someone can brief me how to load video, I'll post those. If so, It'll show me in my green stretchy magic pants.
I just use Windows Movie Maker and upload video using the best quality for your computer. The format is WMV. It's compressed enough that it isn't too large to upload to a vid hosting site. I use photobucket as it is free and easy to use.

Tyson...you the man. After 24 days in there hiking four separate drainages from top to bottom I can not only read your story, I can feel it. I have a ton of info for ya....drop me a pm

Ha! Way to stick with the hunt Ryan! Congrats on a big old ram. Anxious to see pics and hear details of all the trips in there.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back