Yeti GOBOX Collection

switching back to fixed blade

Depends whether you want replaceable blades or resharpenable.

Replaceable blades- Trophy Taker Terminal T-locks, Trophy Taker Shuttle T-locks, Slick Trick Mags, are some newer models that have great performance.

Resharpenable- I'm shooting NAP HellRazors right now. Magnus Stingers, Buzzcuts, or Snuffers as well as G-5 carbon steel Montecs.

There's so many good heads out there now its hard to say which one is "best".

So why are you done with the Rage? No offense, but most of the time a broadhead gets blamed it was a marginal or poor hit like a single lung or poor angle. I see your from illinois, so i bet you are shooting WT deer. Those WT have a will to live like no other animal in the deer or lope family, and IMO are the toughest damn thing to take down if the shot is not perfect. They can lose an astonishing amount of blood and make it to water and drink up and keep going, seen it happen more than a few times in my 26 years of bow hunting.
But, i second the slick tricks, they are a great head but I don't shoot the magnums. Arrow placement is number one over a little more cutting diameter. I like the rage because of the way they fly as much as the hole they make. So far I am sticking with the 2-blade design.

VPA Terminators. Those of you that like the Montec and Hellrazor style heads will love the Terminator. Similar design, but machined from 100% solid steel. That gives it an obvious strength advantage. Not cast and no welds. Easy to sharpen and resharpen, fly great.

Machined steel!

Attachments

• vpa.jpg
    vpa.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 234
  • vpa_terminator_broadheads.jpg
    vpa_terminator_broadheads.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 306
Montec G5 is my choice!! I have not had an animal make it more than 75 yards with them. Even one marginal shot did some impressive damage!

So why are you done with the Rage? No offense, but most of the time a broadhead gets blamed it was a marginal or poor hit like a single lung or poor angle. I see your from illinois, so i bet you are shooting WT deer. Those WT have a will to live like no other animal in the deer or lope family, and IMO are the toughest damn thing to take down if the shot is not perfect. They can lose an astonishing amount of blood and make it to water and drink up and keep going, seen it happen more than a few times in my 26 years of bow hunting.
But, i second the slick tricks, they are a great head but I don't shoot the magnums. Arrow placement is number one over a little more cutting diameter. I like the rage because of the way they fly as much as the hole they make. So far I am sticking with the 2-blade design.

2 reasons, One, i have had o rings blow out once after the shot resulting in a dramatic right angle mid air, 2 i tried the replacement blades they were junk called company and they made me angry.. i just dont like them, im not saying there bad i just want somthing different

also, do any of your shoot fixed blades with Blazer vanes, i dont know if its true or not that you cant i've heard it both ways at archery shop i just got all my arrows redone this year and dont want to have to get them refletched if i dont have to.
Thanks for all the comments

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back