Suppressed Hunting Rifle Video

Though we ought to give a nod to CO and WA too. They were the first States to allow rec weed without claiming some medicinal benefit. And still in defiance of Fed law. Through that action, TX saw opportunity elsewhere and I completely support that. For we are a Union of States, not a contiguous collective of Federal counties.
1689879155601.png

I’ve not thought about suppressors til reading this thread (but do care about the ears). I have one big game rifle (Tikka T3 lite 30-06) that’s not threaded, and I like it just fine. I’m not loaded, unfortunately so thinking cost/logistics. So we’re thinking about 700 for suppressor and license? What’s it cost to thread a barrel for one? Will retrofitting a gun like this make it all unbalanced? Would this be a “buy a new gun if you want it suppressed” situation? Just curious what those who’ve done this a bit think.
Probably closer to $1000 if you want a lightweight titanium one that won’t throw off the balance of your rifle as much. Thread a barrel is around $100. I cut all my rifles off at at least 20” sometimes shorter now to make them not as long with suppressor. I’ll take the velocity loss anyday over the noise and add a couple extra clicks on the scope

Anyone have any experience with a caliber larger than 30 cal? Nosler only goes up to 30 caliber. I am interested in one for a 33 caliber.

I hunt mostly with muzzle loaders, so suppressors would have very limited use for me. I wear ear protection when at the range, when I run the chainsaw, etc, etc. Pretty religious about it after the years of wearing protection in the factory.

I figure that, based on my track record for shots that count, I might shoot a couple or three dozen times without protection over the rest of my life (centerfire). Reduction in recoil is almost always nice, but I can live with it today. Just looking at it from 65 years old, my future prospects, and the cost of cans for my several hunting rifles. I will be going with electronic ears for hunting from here out.

David
NM

I am waiting the 220 days for a 22lr and a 30 Back country.
Pretty excited to remove muzzle break to add the back country to my 300.

Also shopping now for a .22lr pistol for the little can.

I would love to see the technology lower the profile.

Silencer central I think has a can for larger than 30 caliber.
They are who I used once I won a suppressor at a banquet.

I was interested in the suppressor after I had four pairs of electronic ears die. I could not get the axils to recharge.

What is the common thread for suppressors? Can you switch the can from one rifle to another?

What is the common thread for suppressors? Can you switch the can from one rifle to another?
I am deciding between 1/2x28 or 5/8x 24 but they also make quick attach systems.
Here is a link to a page of common threads by firearm-
As Dakotakid points out, those are the most common thread patterns. You can certainly switch the can from one rifle to another, as long as the thread pattern matches if you're direct thread, or if have a common muzzle device for quick attach/detach.

Below are a few examples from SilencerCo of their "ASR" mount and associated muzzle devices. The ASR mount would go on each of your previously threaded rifles, and then you could use the same suppressor across each of those rifles very easily.

Many companies offer some sort of option like this to allow for cross compatibility.
1706985248805.png

As Dakotakid points out, those are the most common thread patterns. You can certainly switch the can from one rifle to another, as long as the thread pattern matches if you're direct thread, or if have a common muzzle device for quick attach/detach.

Below are a few examples from SilencerCo of their "ASR" mount and associated muzzle devices. The ASR mount would go on each of your previously threaded rifles, and then you could use the same suppressor across each of those rifles very easily.

Many companies offer some sort of option like this to allow for cross compatibility.
View attachment 313742
I like the 5/8x24 pitch and a direct thread so I don’t have to buy all the extra parts. Gun needs threaded either way to put that on why add another 100 bucks to the end of the barrel. I switch mine onto different rifles pretty frequently haven’t had any issues

I like the 5/8x24 pitch and a direct thread so I don’t have to buy all the extra parts. Gun needs threaded either way to put that on why add another 100 bucks to the end of the barrel. I switch mine onto different rifles pretty frequently haven’t had any issues
I agree with the direct thread as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back