PEAX Equipment

Sunset on a 50+ year Hunter

Addicting

I had the privilege to be with my dad on likely his last hunt. We both know what fate the next year holds. So for the past two days we have sat in the blind remembering time gone by. For over 50 years he has chased Whitetails across MI. At every deer sighting, hearing the excitement of a 13 year old masked in a tired voice, is a memory to last lifetime.
DD700AA7-B56A-4E35-8D7E-040C6C12B97C.jpeg

Last edited:
It is great that you got to spend the time together. Nice buck. Great picture. Thanks for sharing.

Look at that grin. At that moment in time he is living right in the present, far away from what the future may bring. Good job of getting him out there.
My dad is 93 and I can see the changes regularly.

I'm glad you were able to spend some time with him. Best wishes and prayers for him and your family for the coming year.

That’s awesome. In the end, it’s all about the memories we make along the way with those closest to us.

I love that image and all it represents. Thankful you and your father have had these times together that have formed so many memories. Yet, sad to read how father time takes this away from us, however slowly, bit by bit.

Having lost my dad in February and going through my first season without him around its a wonderful thing that you are getting to make these memories! You really don't realize just how important all those moments are till they are only memories.
That is an amazing photo and one that I'm sure you will only treasure more as time goes by.

Thanks for posting this real-life reminder to hunt every outing like it is the last one. Congratulations on a nice buck, and a lifetime of family hunting memories.

Bittersweet hunting time I imagine.

Glad that you have wonderful memories with your father.

Epic photo.

Any deer would have been special, but awesome buck for a first deer, last deer or any deer in between.

Amazing photo man! What a great buck for sure!

I find it interesting when I reminisce with my friends that I can remember all these stories of my dad and I hunting with the ups, the downs, the laughter and the fights. Then they talk about times with their dad and their memories just aren’t as clear or memorable.

It’s the bond made from the struggle of hunts mixed with the highs and lows of an emotional rollercoaster that forever engraves those memories.

Prayers to your father and your family, he seems like a strong man.

Like others have said, that is a photo that should always stay up on the wall. I wonder how many more hunts I have with my Dad. Every one is special. Looks like you’re properly soaking in your time with yours.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back