Sunset on a 50+ year Hunter

Thank you everyone for the kind words. It has been a great ride with him, he has taught me so much. I would not be the man I am today without him. For the last 25 years we have always made it a point to hunt opening day together. The only year I missed was when I was deployed. I killed my first deer with him not 100 yards from where he shot his last. So lots of memories have been made in that small 20 acre wood lot.

I truly have been blessed to get to of had those experiences with him.

Last edited:
Always remember the memories and good times with those we love for sure! Your pic with the sun setting in the backgroun gave me goosebumps. I took a pic like that (sun setting in the background permiating through the trees) of a bull I shot in WY and send it to a buddy (only one I send that particular pic too) and he passed away in his tent on his elk hunt a day or two later - never expected that text/pic to be our last communication. Our time here is short, glad you guys got at least one more great one in!

Very cool. Time passes by so quickly. I'm glad you were able to spend quality time with your Dad and it sounds like you have a lot of great memories.

If that was indeed your dad's last hunt, what a way to end a hunting career. I'm glad you were able to share the hunt with your father and that photo is priceless. Father time can be cruel.

I'm so sorry to hear of your Dad's passing, Addicting. Walking through this "season of life" can be tough but please know how much your Dad appreciated his time afield with you - especially that final hunt. I'm thankful that you were there for him. What a gift to be able to return the care and love that our parents provided to us. Given you and your Dad's faith (and mine), you will have the blessing of seeing him again in heaven.

God bless you and your family.
Wayne

So sorry for your loss, dad's are without a doubt the greatest gift a son could have. Truly a blessing with the lessons and adventures shared between a father and son. I'm sure he's got the perfect spot picked out in the the 20 acre wood plot in the sky waiting to share more someday. Thoughts and prayers to your family.

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Glad you were able to spend the last year knowing it was likely the last. I’m not sure we really appreciate our dads until we become one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dotun77
Back