Sunday Pic of the Day

$350 cord delivered around here for DF/Larch. Almost enough for me to think about sharpening my saws up.
Ready?

Drive somewhere, scout for trees.
Drop trees.
Limb trees
Cut in to lengths.
Load in truck.
Get home, unload logs.
Cut logs in to blocks.
Split blocks.
Load wood for delivery.
Unload wood.
Drive to deliver, drive back.
Whatever the variation, alot of work for $350.
Same work, 30 years ago, $75/ cord.
Totally bananas.

Ready?

Drive somewhere, scout for trees.
Drop trees.
Limb trees
Cut in to lengths.
Load in truck.
Get home, unload logs.
Cut logs in to blocks.
Split blocks.
Load wood for delivery.
Unload wood.
Drive to deliver, drive back.
Whatever the variation, alot of work for $350.
Totally bananas.
Sounds a lot like the hay business...I quit that a while back too.

Reactions: Hem
Totally bananas.
I remember the summer between my junior and senior year of high school telling one long time customer that I had to bump prices up $10 to $135/cord split and stacked. He told me to pound sand.

Thanksgiving dinner was awkward that year, but Uncle Ray always was a cheap bastard

I remember the summer between my junior and senior year of high school telling one long time customer that I had to bump prices up $10 to $135/cord split and stacked. He told me to pound sand.

Thanksgiving dinner was awkward that year, but Uncle Ray always was a cheap bastard
That ^^ is funny.
My neighbor let his chickens / turkeys out in the driveway...my dog promptly went over and killed a bunch.
Had to compensate the guy with firewood.
About then i was over it.

This is pretty amazing...

Vermont has designated camp sites on islands accessible by boat (or paddle) within Champlain Lake.
Water gently clapping the shoreline... I think I may sit on my figurative "dock on the bay, wasting time, ohhh-oh-oh"

Wife and I are relaxing for a simple one night stay. We'll boat over to one of the marina restaurants or maybe, to hell with it... We have marshmallows, graham crackers, and Reese's...

Thanks to all for the assist for our boat selection. THIS is relaxing!

View attachment 289613

View attachment 289616

View attachment 289614

View attachment 289615
Maybe Knight’s or Wood’s Island ?

Not Sunday, but full moons don’t operate on a weekly calendar. Pretty cool to watch an amazing sunset over the Wasatch, and then 30 minutes later enjoy a full moon rising from the opposite direction over the Unitas. All preceded by good food and drink with great friends.

IMG_0507.jpegIMG_0513.jpegIMG_0504.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SubSpider
Back